Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prostor cat, valve replacements  Bottom

• Hi I have a problem and there doesn't seem that there are many of these boats in the UK, its an old boat but still gives all its got, I have a problem with the valves on the tanks, I need to replace them but can't find anything that is the same thread and I would rather not have major surgery to fit a new design I was hoping there may be someone out there who has one of these boats that can help me,
  • Wow, had to look up what a Prostor Cat might be. Inflatable beachcat!

If you speak Russian..
    http://www.prostor.webzone.ru/cat/prostor.html

Duckman, welcome to TheBeachcats.com, please introduce yourself and tell us more about your boat and sailing area.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Hi, Are you still there? Did you sort out your valves? What was the problem? If it was the rubber tubes I discovered you can replace them with a bit of old cycle inner tube wrapped round the plastic valve body and attached with the rubber ring. They just seem to be for preventing the air coming back out as you are inflating. The real work of keeping the air in in use is done by the valve cap. (Sorry if I am teaching grandmother to suck eggs).
    Do you have a set of instructions? I cant find mine and I forget which end of the tubes should be inflated first. I seem to recall it is important because if you do the wrong end first the end where they meet is pushe back inside itself which can damage it.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.