Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Trading tramps for cats???  Bottom

• http://tampa.craigslist.o…/hil/wan/2962034332.html
    Hobie catamaran- Want to trade (Tampa Bay)
    Date: 2012-04-16, 5:57PM EDT
    Reply to: phgh2-2962034332@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I'm looking to trade new mesh catamaran trampolines for a Hobie 16 catamaran. We fabricate custom black mesh trampolines for beach cats. Please let me know if you have catamaran that you'd like to trade. Thanks.

813-505-5772
    Earl
    Www.tampacats.com
    it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 2962034332

--
    LIVE LIFE... Dave Wilcox
    Trac 18
    Bloomington, IN
    --
  • So far I am very happy with my trampoline from you guys. Great product for a great price!

--
    -Zach
    --
  • Hi Zach,

Thanks for the kind words about our trampolines. I'm looking for a "Test mule" beach cat for a new trampoline design. I also have a few other ideas for accessories that I'd like to do some long term testing. So, if anyone has any leads, please let me know. Lately, we've been getting a lot of requests for Prindle trampolines, of which I have very little experience with. So, im also interested in Prindle 16's.

Cheers,

Earl
    Tampa Cats
  • I have 2 beater 16's in my back yard with enough parts to put at least one together with a little TLC but I am a loooooong ways away from you. But I bet you could get some Prindle owners in your area to let you ginny pig on their boats a long as they get to keep sailing them and maybe get a nice discount if the test pans out.

I also have 2 Prindle 16 Tramps for the boats. I planned to hang on to them but I might could let one go as a pattern. I really want a nice new one for my P18 but don't have the $$ right now.

Edited by Quarath on Apr 20, 2012 - 04:52 PM.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Hi Dustin,

It's a shame that you're not closer, so we could do some horse trading of boat parts. :). Many years ago, when I first started making trampolines, I did a lot of custom work for virtually every brand of beach cat, but my personal expertise was only in Hobie cats. But, I'd like to gain some hands on experience with other boats.

Cheers,

Earl
  • tampacats Many years ago, when I first started making trampolines, I did a lot of custom work for virtually every brand of beach cat, but my personal expertise was only in Hobie cats. But, I'd like to gain some hands on experience with other boats.

Cheers,

Earl

Hey Earl, good to see you here on TheBeachcats.com!

For all the members out there, Earl and TampaCats are long time advertisers here on the TheBeachcats.com.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Hi Damon,

Yes, it is about time I join the modern world of the Internet. :).

I look forward to getting to know the BeachCats community.

Cheers,

Earl
  • Well unless you are looking to reinvent the wheel, Prindle tramps are pretty simple and straight forward. should not be to difficult once you dial in your dimensions to make a good one.

Edited by Quarath on Apr 21, 2012 - 10:23 AM.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • Speaking of Prindle trampolines, the OEM P16 and P18 tramps that I have as templates, both have webbing lacing loops on the sides, which are prone to ripping out. Is there any reason why these loops can't be replaced with spur grommets?
  • Earl, I sent ya a pm.

--
    Kyle
    "Sundance" '82 H16
    Land O Lakes, FL
    --
  • Hey Earl. Do you have a tamp pattern for a Hobie 3.0 (or what ever).. Found one for my grand kids. Needs a tramp among other things. Hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • tampacatsSpeaking of Prindle trampolines, the OEM P16 and P18 tramps that I have as templates, both have webbing lacing loops on the sides, which are prone to ripping out. Is there any reason why these loops can't be replaced with spur grommets?

I think that they probably could but you do pretty much sit right there so I think the reasoning behind that might have been comfort. I think have seen at least one P16 tramp where is was done that way.

The webbing on mine is very heavy duty I don't think that they are likely to tear out but they are also very very stiff with age. I sometimes have to pry them apart to get line through when I put the tramp on in the spring. If you do go with webbing I think the key would be a heavy webbing and lots of extra stitching on those sides.

I also think it can't hurt to experiment with grommets I can't imagine it would change the comfort level much as you can only use 1/8 inch line to lace it.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • Hi Hal,

I'm not familiar with the "Hobie 3.0" model. What year is your boat?
  • Hi Dustin,

Thanks for the feedback and info on the webbing loops vs grommets. From what I have seen with damaged P16 tramps, its the stitching that fails, and the webbing is still intact. A combination of UV thread damage and abrasion seems to be the culprit of stitch failure (top and bottom threads). This even happens with PTFE Teflon Tenara thread. Maybe a grommet attachment with a protective flap to make it more comfortable?
  • Would grommets not create potential pressure points on the fiberglass? Even with a flap on top (user comfort) and bottom (fiberglass abrasion protection) every time one of the hard grommets is stepped or sat on all the load will be concentrated in a small area potentially creating soft spots in the glass.
    Also from a repair standpoint It is much easier for the user to re-stitch some failed webbing than replace grommet, especially for temporary repairs. Heavy duty needles and thread are always with me when I go on a sailing trip so I just loose an hour on the beach rather than the whole trip.
  • The boat is a ols cat from Hobie about 12' long. The tramp is the same style as the 14 and 16.. Mine is so stiff and shot I may have to cut it out of the frame. Hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • Hi Hal,

I would be very interested in the Trampoline of your Hobie 3.5 cat. Do you know if it is an OEM Hobie tramp?
  • kellybeckLast but most certainly not least, students can study on the web and also may focus on their careers at the same time. When students can’t afford conventional level apps, then he or she can proceed with online instruction and may continue their own job. Perhaps not just this but also you might be able to determine how many times you have to study and work per a couple of minutes end. You can pick your time and certainly will manage objects conveniently and efficiently

How come there's no "report this post(er)" button?

--
    Southern Alberta and all over the damn place.
    1981 SuperCat 20 "Roberts' Rockets"
    1983 SuperCat 19
    TriFoiler #23 "Unfair Advantage"
    Mystere 17
    Unicorn A-Class (probably made by Trowbridge) that I couldn't resist rescuing at auction.
    H18 & Zygal (classic) Tornado - stolen and destroyed - very unpleasant story.
    Invitation and Mistral and Sunflower and windsurfers w/ Harken hydrofoils and god knows what else...
    --
  • Because we hardly ever get one shot spammers!

--
    Bryan in Poplar Grove, IL
    Supercat 17, unknown year. Future project
    Hobie 16, 1977 - died a spectacular death https://youtu.be/Y7O22bp2MVA
    Hobie 16, 1978 - current boat
    --
  • Thanks tominpa for reporting this latest crop of spammers.

Most get stopped before they get to the forum, but when they are doing it completely manually like a normal user it's hard to stop. I call it spammer whack-a-mole.

Please report anything you see, either with a PM or the contact form.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.