Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

H18 Jib Halyard Options (MS paint diagram)  Bottom

• I'd like to add sister clips to my jib halyard but I'm unsure where the best place to put them is. I think there are basically two options. A or B as shown in the diagram:
    http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j122/ksxr27/JibHalyard.png

Option A:
    At this location I would disconnect the halyard and add a tension line with attached block. I like this best because I struggle getting the block into the zippered jib luff, especially when it's windy. The only issue I see here is the strength of the sister clips under tension. Maybe another type of small quick connector?

Option B:
    Is this the intended location for sister clips? It's nice to eliminate coiling the long halyard into the zipper but it doesn’t solve my problem with getting the block into the jib luff...
  • You need 2 to 3 feet of larger line on the boat part and the rest on the removable part that is smaller. I have never run the block just the eye, makes it easier to get through the zipper. In short location B is the choice. JMHO, YMMV. Richard.

--
    Lake Perry KS
    H-18
    N-5.5 UNI +spin
    --
  • I route the jib halyard per the intended design from the H18 manual. You are right... it's a major PIA getting the block through the zippered luff sleeve. I have to tape it like crazy and then pull hard for the stock block to pass through. Someone must have developed an alternative. If so, please share with diagrams.
  • Remove the block and run your line through the thimble. Less width to get into the sleeve of the jib. I had the same problems and finally cut the block off. I seldom if ever have a problem now.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.