Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Looking for a 21 near SW FL  Bottom

• Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to find a Hobie 21 near SW FL. A handful of 21's come available but they are almost always on the other end of the map, San Diego / Vancouver / NJ...

Were trying to find a 21 with wings and a trailer. Forward tramps, engine mount and cat cabin would be even better!

Are there any 21 owners on the gulf side of FL that would be open to letting us take a look at a 21 in person, maybe even go for a sail?

Posted a note in the WTB section as well.

Thanks!
  • If you are looking for a 21', also keep on the look out for Reynolds or Stiletto cats. They come up from time to time. Might be worth giving these guys a shout:

http://www.stilettocatamarans.com/SalesandService.htm

I spoke with them several years ago before I eventually purchased my 21' Reynolds. They were nice and helpful. Not sure if they are still in business, but they are in your neck of the woods and they might let you crawl around whatever they have in stock.

Don't be afraid of a little road trip to pick up a toy. I live in Pensacola, Fl and bought mine from a guy in the Keys. A good road trip will let you know what kind of shape the trailer is in..... :)
  • I just returned from sailing in SW Florida on my 21SE and would have given you a nice long ride. We sailed/camped on Cayo Costa State Park for a week and had a blast! icon_cool

I am hoping for another trip to Florida this year but unsure when.

--
    Bill 404 21SE
    --
  • takeiteasyIf you are looking for a 21', also keep on the look out for Reynolds or Stiletto cats. They come up from time to time. Might be worth giving these guys a shout:

http://www.stilettocatamarans.com/SalesandService.htm

I spoke with them several years ago before I eventually purchased my 21' Reynolds. They were nice and helpful. Not sure if they are still in business, but they are in your neck of the woods and they might let you crawl around whatever they have in stock.

Don't be afraid of a little road trip to pick up a toy. I live in Pensacola, Fl and bought mine from a guy in the Keys. A good road trip will let you know what kind of shape the trailer is in..... :)

Stiletto 27's might be overkill for replacing an H21 but there is a Stiletto23 for sale right now in NY for $7500.

http://stiletto.wildjibe.com/forsale

I love my Stiletto 27 its the perfect boat for sail camping on Lake Tahoe :)
  • I'm actually in Sarasota where the stiletto guys are from. They have a 27 and 30 but no 23's. I'm really in the market for the Hobie 21 but would consider a stiletto 23. Saw the one on wildjibe a few days ago, just a little far.

There is Reynolds 21 just down the road, no trailer though which is a requirement of mine.

The wife and I need to be able to rig it ourselves.
  • foreveretc.--Is that Reynolds still there? Available? Would you have any contact info for them?

thanksinadvance,

bluntnose
    kencory@gmail.com
  • I know its late in the season, but a good friend has a really nice Stiletto for sail, its over in Tampa now.

Rick
    H18&21
    rkdougal@gmail.com

--
    Rick Dougal
    H21SE
    H18SX
    Port Orange, Fl
    --
  • nasamedicI know its late in the season, but a good friend has a really nice Stiletto for sail, its over in Tampa now.

the season is just starting here in the tampa area :)
    cooler weather, good wind, camping and fried turkeys!
  • there is always next season

--
    Kenneth Purdy
    Hobie 16
    Nacra 5.2 (2)
    Banshee
    First Coast, Florida
    --
  • foreverunstopableI'm actually in Sarasota where the stiletto guys are from. They have a 27 and 30 but no 23's. I'm really in the market for the Hobie 21 but would consider a stiletto 23. Saw the one on wildjibe a few days ago, just a little far.

There is Reynolds 21 just down the road, no trailer though which is a requirement of mine.

The wife and I need to be able to rig it ourselves.

there is a 20 on the sarasota craigslist
    http://sarasota.craigslist.org/boa/3299886981.html

--
    Angelo
    1983 Hobie 16 Cat fever #55697
    2008 laser 4.7/radial #190471
    SARASOTA, FLORIDA
    S.S.S
    S.Y.S.P
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.