Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sol Cat 16  Bottom

• Can anyone provide some general background info on this boat? I have the opportunity to add one to my fleet but found info almost exclusively on the 18 not the 16. Need to know how they sail compared to H/P16, best used parts people etc and any other helpful info

Thanks in advance

--
    85 Prindle 16
    "If you aint the lead dog the view never changes"
    North Carolina
    --
  • Ok I think it must be a 15 - does anyone know how it compares to a H14 for weight carrying and performance?

--
    85 Prindle 16
    North Carolina
    --
  • Sry no experience but I think they are a littler rarer than the 18. Not sure how interchangeable parts are. If it's cheap and has all the major parts I'd go for it.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • There is a Solcat Brochure listed on this site under "Albums - Beachcat Identification - Sol Cat" that has some info on the Solcat's it say's they made a 15, 18 the most popular and a 20. I have seen pictures of the 15 and it looks alot like the 18. I agree with Quarath if it has the major parts i.e. mast, sails, Center boards, rudders, and its cheep it could be a great boat.

--
    Jeff O
    N5.0
    solcat 18(sold),
    N5.2,
    H16
    Camarillo CA
    --
  • Thanks guys - it seems to be complete and the price is right...Needs a good scrubbing for sure. Thinking it will be a boat my kids can sail also - I will post some pics when I drag it home tomorrow

--
    85 Prindle 16
    North Carolina
    --
  • No Go on the sol cat - lots of creaking and cracking in front of the crossbeams - dont need another fibreglass project right now

--
    85 Prindle 16
    North Carolina
    --
  • I just picked up a Solcat 18 and it was covered in tree dirt and grime! the tramp was rotten and the rudders were gone. Parts are very scarce for Solcats. but everyone has told me Prindle parts are the most interchangeable. I have learned that most any parts will fit but some need slight modifications. if you need any help send me an email

--
    SolCat 18 "1977"
    Middle Chesapeake Bay
    Josh R.
    jorinehart.jr@gmail.com
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.