Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Pop rivet tool  Bottom

• Hey not sure if anyone else had found this out but I bought the Harbor Freight long arm pop rivet tool for $18, and it works great!!!!!!!!!! I just pop-ed three Stainless Steel rivets in seconds!!!!!! I don't know how long it will last but it sure beats the $90 ones everyone else sells. Hope this helps, when I re install my tramp tracks and jib tracks next month I will let you all know if it can finish the job.

--
    Jim
    New Orleans

'83 H18 SX mods 2013 -
    '65 Lavey Craft 2005 -
    '69 Cal 25 1997 - 2001
    '80 P16 1980 - 1996
    --
  • It will likely last as long as you own your boat. I have hundreds of rivets on mine. I think every sailor who has used a standard rivet gun now knows about the $18 harbor frieght wishbone riveter. Or at least they should! ;)

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • on my list of things to pick up tomorrow. Drummer's post on OptiKid's question directed me to the Harbor freight website for the compressor driven one, but I don't own a compressor so for $18 I'll give it a shot.

Also found $7 hog ring pliers for the trap shock cord.

Edited by bobcatnj on Mar 01, 2012 - 09:11 PM.

--
    Bob Miller
    1983 P16 Sail # 7312
    "Miller Time" A work in progress; out of the water for 16 years
    Barnegat Bay NJ
    Beach Cat Lesson #1 - A free cat isn't
    Find more Prindles on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/173120656090532/
    --
  • I have the pnuematic gun from HF. It works well for me.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • shipchips1Hey not sure if anyone else had found this out but I bought the Harbor Freight long arm pop rivet tool for $18, and it works great!!!!!!!!!! I just pop-ed three Stainless Steel rivets in seconds!!!!!! I don't know how long it will last but it sure beats the $90 ones everyone else sells. Hope this helps, when I re install my tramp tracks and jib tracks next month I will let you all know if it can finish the job.

dittos
    i have one as well and it works great.
    marc
  • And if you have a grinder, I use a metal cutting wheel on a 4.5 inch angle grinder, you can grind flats on your 3/16 inch pop rivet nozzle and it will fit down inside the tracks for your traveler. Cheap that way.
  • glad the $20 HF tool works for folks... I've gone through 2 after about 10 rivets each (monel rivets)... brought the first tool back, they replaced and marked my receipt... took the second one... did about a dozen or whatever rivets, now it won't pull 'em... maybe they both came from the same batch w/soft teeth or something... always wind up using a buddies' $90 one that he got from murrays...

Edited by robpatt on Mar 02, 2012 - 09:45 AM.
  • I've used these for a few years for all stainless and never had any issue...they certainly didn't break the bank.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • i bought the harbor freight tool after using the traditional 'hand-squeeze' models and not being able to pop a stainless steel rivets. i love this HF tool. i've only done about 8 s.s. rivets so far but it's working great and pops 'em off without a problem. i used the 20% off coupon and it came to $15 w/ tax. lol. and i love the collection container which holds the stems.....what a pain digging around on the ground/floor looking for the stems. three thumbs up!

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.