Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Spring Fever Regatta  Bottom

• I guess after 15 years most everyone knows about Lake Hartwell's Spring Fever Regatta. If you are not on my mailing list for all announcements and results, drop me an email at: Mr.Ernie@TwinHulls.com.

See you in the Spring.....Mr.Ernie
  • I am attending Spring Fever for the first time this year and was wondering what most people did for lodging. I know they have an entire campground reserved but I have no idea what the facilities are like. I'm going with my wife who has camped a few years ago but don't want to subject her to a run down campground. Is it an okay campground? Are the restrooms clean? Showers? Are there sites with electricity? WIFI?
    Finally, what sites are the "best"? We are arriving on Tuesday and should have a pretty good pick of the sites and want to grab a good one if it is available.
    Thanks in advance!
  • Do you really think anyone is gonna tell you what the best sites are so you can nab them up before the rest of us get there?

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Ah, you just told me alot! So there are "best" sites!!!
    icon_smile
    How are the facilities? Pretty clean?

Edited by ericweller on Mar 01, 2012 - 02:13 PM.
  • It's been several years since I've been to Spring Fever, but it's a different world of sailors from the Gulf Coast riff-raff I usually hang out with. You get to see the new boats and giant RV's that those East Coast guys roll in. rofl2

For the common folk the camp ground is pretty nice, just come prepared for any kind of weather.

By the way, the info has been posted to the calendar.
    Spring Fever Regatta NOR

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • There are some bathhouse deals where people were showering and cleaning up. There are some lake front sites that you should be able to get if you're going that early. I'm getting there Monday to hopefully get a site on the water for my camper! Lots of food to eat at the parties every evening along with live music. There are tons of people there. Not sure how things will run early in the week, the festivities don't really kick off until Thursday. There is a country store a few miles from the campground that has biscuits in the morning and most things you might need. It is out in the country though, no Wal-Marts nearby!

See you there

Mac

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • Awesome regatta hosted by awesome people!

Will be there on a Nacra 20.
    icon_cool

--
    Tyler holmes
    Panama city, FL

Boat whore
    --
  • Mr.ErnieI guess after 15 years most everyone knows about Lake Hartwell's Spring Fever Regatta. If you are not on my mailing list for all announcements and results, drop me an email at: Mr.Ernie@TwinHulls.com.

See you in the Spring.....Mr.Ernie

By the way, than'ts for posting Mr. Ernie! Don't be a stranger.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Eric,
    The "A" loop usually has some late night imbibing going on. Great place to come hang out and you can camp farther away to sleep if you want quiet. Bathhouses have hot showers but after racing they will run out of hot water pretty quick.

Wifi doesn't exist but I get great broadband on my cell and have it set up as a hotspot, so if you need internet look me up and you are welcome to it.

This is one of the events on the calender that you actually want to camp out, as that is what almost everybody does. Also, they have a service for Easter Sunday at the campgrounds.

You will really enjoy a top notch and well run event.

--
    Philip
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.