Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Playcat relaunch!  Bottom

• Hi Guys,
    Recently Faster Boats in Toronto has bought all the tooling from Nacra for the Playcat and I am re-launching it this spring with some major updates.

1. Tri layer foam core rotomolding for hulls will result in a much stiffer boat.
    2. Optional transom hung rudders. We are using the proven Dotan rudder system.
    3. Updated trampoline design which is tensioned with a line between the beams. No more screws into the hull. Makes it much easier to put the tramp on.
    4. Optional jib kit
    5. Optional square top main similar to the Wave/Getaway which will be made out of heavier dacron for greater longevity. Several color patterns will be available.
    6. Optional spinnaker kit.
    7. Optional pin head main from dacron which will be the same size as the original main
    8. Optional single trapeze.
    9. Tramp drink holder.
    10. Optional 6:1 main blocks
    11. Optional main halyard hook system the same as other cats.
    12. Hatch covers in the rear deck and we might have another hatch cover in the front deck.
    13. All kinds of colors and sparkles are available as an option. We can even mix and match 2 colors together to create swirling patterns.
    14. Optional tiller extension.
    Note that the 2 piece mast is still available.

If anyone is interested let me know
    dave@nacra.ca
    www.nacra.ca

And I will be contacting Damon to set up an add on the site..
  • Sounds ambitious. Good Luck!

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • price tags?

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • bimare is toying around with a 14' kids racer but it is all carbon, curved boards, high tech sails, and so on. they sound expensive, like just a few bucks cheaper than the regular boats. the play cat looks more reasonable for kids to sail.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • The retail price will be $5000 + options. The boat will be carried by some Nacra dealers.

The Bimare boat is catering to the EU market where they like the latest hi tech stuff but its going to be expensive.
  • Please, give us an update on the relaunch of the Playcat.

I owned one about 5-10 years ago and loved it for a number of reasons: easy to rig/sail, sails flat/fairly fast; bouyancy: can handle several adults and is not likely to pitchpole; slides over obstructions like lines and kelp beds and onto beaches without a snag; tough roto-molded plastic hulls. The things I didn't like: the color, YEL-LOW!; no tiller extension; no traveler; no jib option; no trapeze; hollow rudders (which filled with water!); the screw-into-hull/wrap-around front crossbeam tramp... most/all of which seem to be being handled by the new "re-tooling". So, the big question is: Where can I get one!?! I live in Southern California and would be very interested in seeing them become available here.
    The Playcat is a great effort in catamaran versatility: safe, stable, speedy, solo (or crew) sailing!
    Thanks.
    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/222730_6182582102_8055_n.jpg
  • Check out DaveA's Website. He owns Nacra Canada. Lots of info there. http://www.nacra.ca/

Prices are between $5000 and $7500 depending on options. I think I want one!

Edited by Wolfman on Oct 16, 2012 - 07:36 PM.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.