Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Key Biscayne/Stiltsville Sailing  Bottom

• Hi!
    Check this out! My kid got a Go-Pro camera for Christmas. On 1/2/12 we put in at Hobie Beach and ran out to Stiltsville with the Go-Pro on his head. Not really much in terms of wind but it was a beautiful day to be on Biscayne Bay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g5-ckeysvE

Enjoy! (I know i did).
  • nice... what did you use to edit the video?
  • WOW! Now that brings back some crazy Memories! Same Boat, Hull and sail colors, except 1978! Only diff was I had a fine lookin Blonde girlfriend on the Jib line and 1965 Chevy Van waiting with cold beer on Hobie beach. We sailed from Cape FL to south of Elliot key around Vizcaya etc etc!! Man thanks for postin the vid!

--
    1976 Prindle 16, Sailing since 1969, Retired Chief USCG, Disabled Vet, Father of 3 great daughters!
    --
  • My kid made the vid using standard Windows Movie Maker. They teach this stuff in high school now. I watched him do it... pretty cool!

Hey BigNasty, you sailed out to Elliot Key?? That's amzing. I want to go there but I'm a little intimidated by the distance. Any idea how far that is?
  • I wanna say it was around 15 nautical miles from Hobie to the northern tip. Back then you could go through the southern "cut" to the outside. Not sure if its still there but we would camp out in a clearing on the seaward side of Elliot and just have a great time shark fishing, I prepared the trip with safety in the forefront and never had a problem except for skeeters one trip and just anchored off enuff where the breeze kept them off. Hoisted a light on the Jib halyard and used the sails as a kinda tent utilizing the boom. Good times and nary a problem.

--
    1976 Prindle 16, Sailing since 1969, Retired Chief USCG, Disabled Vet, Father of 3 great daughters!
    --
  • Hey BigNasty,
    You know, your hull is gonna rust if you leave it up in the air like that. Sitting on the rocks probably isn't doing it much good either. Did you have the Galley Rat steering that night, or what?
    icon_biggrin
    Sheet In, or Power Up or Man Overboard?

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Well Bob, I thought we agreed you would scrape the critters ffrom the Hull and do a nice paint job on it before the Tide came back in!! I am still waiting for ya to find that scraper and paint brush and get ta work!!! icon_razz

--
    --
  • Is that an Ipad on the tramp? If so what is the case it is in?

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Nope. Not an IPAD, just a waterproof box for cell phones and car keys.

BTW, on the other questions that I had on distance from Hobie Beach to Elliot Key. I found that GOOGLE maps has a way to provide that. I'll do separate posting for that since it's a little of the original topic of this post.
  • BigNastyOnly diff was I had a fine lookin Blonde girlfriend on the Jib line and 1965 Chevy Van waiting with cold beer on Hobie beach.

Shame about the blonde- I'm hoping you hung on to the van (and beer)?

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.