Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

1991 NACRA with trailer, Progressive Insurance claim in MN  Bottom

• I am sure this will make a killer deal for someone closer than me. High Bid $0, end date 12/20 icon_lol

http://www.salvagedirect.com/asp/viewitem.asp?itemid=914133

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    Newbie but catching on fast.
    NACRA 17
    --
  • Do you know anything about it? It looks like a 6.0--not sure what they mean by the tunes are broken.

Typically, you need to be a dealer to bid on an item like this. I have a friend that can, so I'm interested. That's how I got my A cat for $900.

It is a bit far away, though..
  • I think it is hulls they mean, Watch out: it is only the platform, no mast, sails, daggers or rudders. going to be tough to find those for a N6.0

--
    Stefan, Denmark.
    H14,H16,P16,P18,SC17,N5.8
    Team StaySail
    http://www.staysail.eu
    --
  • for most people..

I have a F18HT rig and 5.8 daggers. I can put a steering set together out of a broken 570 set. Actually, I would be interested for a friend who is making trimarans out of beach cats. Currently, he is using a Stiletto 23 for the main hull and Supercat 19 hulls for the amas. He is looking for similar hulls, and the 6.0s would be pretty nice.

I don't know the story behind the boat, but it seems like someone cheated the insurance company by keeping the mast, daggers, steering and sails. We don't know what is inside the box, but obviously the mast isn't there.
  • I don't know where your friend is located Dan, but if you are thinking of moving hulls all the way from Minnesota...there is a really good set of 6.0 hulls in Montreal, I think ask is $400 for them, might be able to pick them up for 2

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • We are both in Norfolk, VA, a long way away from either. I have a different friend that does logistics, so I could make it happen from MN, probably not Canada.

I have issue with the insurance thing. I got my A cat from an insurance auction and the dealer that bid on it for me was adamant that it was insurance fraud because the steering system was not with the boat. I found out who the previous owner was and he graciously sent me the steering, no questions asked. All of the other small parts were in the sail box that came with it. My dealer friend's point was that his company survives on these auctions and when all the parts aren't there, the item is worthless. It also drives up insurance premiums because of the payout. The person who turned it over to the insurance company (could have) profited from the claim by keeping all the good stuff--the insurance company probably had no idea what was 'included' with the boat.

Now, on the other hand, all the parts could have been stolen from the boat and therefore it is a legitimate claim. That info is provided to the dealers if they request it.
  • dan, what does an HT mast go for? Just curious.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Kinda depends. I have one listed for $2500 (definitely obo), which isn't bad for a reinforced (for spinnaker) 33' carbon fiber mast complete with spreaders, diamonds and internal downhaul. It is 8 years old, though, so there have been advances since then, and it needs to be clear coated. I have it dissasembled and at a paint shop, but no word on when it will get painted.

I kinda doubt that there is another used F18HT mast available.

I'm on the fence about cutting it down for my SC 15, but I just don't think I could actually cut a carbon mast..

Edited by DanBerger on Dec 15, 2011 - 08:52 AM.
  • Wow, that is only a 6-7 hour drive from me (unlike everywhere else in the world). If it was a full boat and didn't need a months worth of repair on the hulls I would consider it! Let me know if you see any 5.0s or 5.7s in MN or ND that I miss! If They aren't too far east of Minnesota (or Thunder Bay Ontario) I will go and pick them up. :) That is about the limit of my driving range these days.

Regards,
    Dave

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • Hope someone gets it, sometimes and I stress SOMETIMES, if you live close you can be very polite you can get access to view item, just really depends on the "yard" . Also you can say your there to view another item that access is allowed and just happen to walk by and look at the boat. Again I stress it all depends on the yard and who's working. icon_lol

--
    Will
    Indian Shores, FL
    Newbie but catching on fast.
    NACRA 17
    --
  • when they say the 'tunes' are bent, they are calling them 'pontoons' instead of hulls. they also have a real pontoon boat for sale and refer to 'the bent tunes'. a slap in the head might fix 'em right up! icon_lol

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • Yeah, I wonder if the 'little flippy things on the back' are in the box?? How about a 'mass'?? or a tarpauline? icon_mad
  • i figure by the time they add the 'mass', 'flippers', 'tarpuline', 'chords', 'pulleys', 'bedsheets' etc, (if you can even find all those parts) it's gonna be another $2,000!

BTW........it sold for $300.

Edited by arch on Dec 21, 2011 - 09:06 AM.

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.