Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.2 jib help  Bottom

• Hi there
    I recently bought a new jib off ebay for my 5.2. The jib I was using for the Nacra was not correct for the boat. The new jib came in and is quite a bit bigger than the one I was using. I can't put it on the boat for a while to see if it fits.

Can anyone provide me with the measurements for a stock jib? It would be a huge help.

Thanks
  • Well the stock jib is overlapping so expect it to be really big. I would guess that you are okay, however if no reply by tonight I will get mine out and measure

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • If no luck, PM ERICE, over in Japan. I just dropped him off a new 5.2 jib. They are about 1' shorter than a 5.7 jib, if nobody measures, I can measure my 5.7.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Golfdad,
    I would appreiciate it. It seems to be much longer along the luff. Looking at pics of the boat with the old jib, it looks like there won't be room.

I may be wrong (hope so). But it's gonna be weeks before I can raise it to find out.

Pics are here : http://thebeachcats.com/forums/viewtopic/topic/12934

Thanks again
  • Ok Ok.. Busy day in the winery today but if nobody steps up I will get back tomorrow. Too bad our fly boy is out of the USA and.. I am supprised that he does not carry that info in his wallet (or stuck in his underware) with his important stuff.. Got 3 5.2 jibs here to check things out here .. BUT.. Been going to the dark side lately and have 2 new(ish) H-17s to play with this spring.. Well.. Not NEW.. 600$ AND 800$ each.. Craigs strikes again.. There is a steal locally now for the west coast folks. A h-18 under 1000$.. Chris.. I have 3 of those small plates on the referbed hulls to help with the mounting. Fourth is gonzo.. Have no idea why the guy just pulled one.. FYI Your email ended up in my spam. Will send a response with a better address.. Still hoping to get out yet ONE MOR TIME this year.. P.S. Might have a extra jib available if the EBAY one is not right. Cheers Hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • Luff is 192 Leach 184 Foot 72 I just looked at the picture, the stock jib is way bigger than what you had.

Edited by golfdad75 on Nov 27, 2011 - 08:46 PM.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • gotta dash but follow these links for 5.2 jib and lots more cat sail data

http://www.catsailor.com/…b=showflat&Number=219068

http://www.knwv.nl/zeilen…d=2&cid=129&mid=&mnu=241

Edited by erice on Nov 27, 2011 - 09:39 PM.
  • Golfdad75,
    Thanks for the help. My fears are confirmed, it's at least a foot too big each way.

The measurement were a big help. I'm sure it would have been more difficult to return in 3 weeks.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.