Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

New Cat in NJ  Bottom

• Hey All,

Been lurking for a while, just signed up. I'm looking to make the transition from a mono hull to multi and have been doing some research on the board. I've been sailing for about 2 years so I'm not a total beginner but have had a few tails of woe, and do have some concerns around some of the "not at beginners boat" comments. I sailed on a Getaway on vacation and had a blast and it looks like H16 and P16 are pretty popular and available in my area.

My main concern is making that first transition from 2 hulls wet to flying one and going over hard. Really a matter of snapping a mast 30 minutes into my first sail. How common is that on a pitchpole or knockdown? Or not being able to right the boat solo. I'm 5'11' 210 so I should have some decent leverage...but will still carry a bag.

I'm not looking to race just buzz around trap out and go fast. I'm probably going to get a boat in the 1,500 range to start with and see where it goes. I should have a dry slip on a bay beach for next year. Besides soft spots and a bent mast what are some other things to watch out for?

Anyone on here sail Barnegat between Mantalooking rd and the 37 bridge?

Thanks in advance, -

--
    Bob Miller
    1983 P16 Sail # 7312
    "Miller Time" A work in progress; out of the water for 16 years
    Barnegat Bay NJ
    Beach Cat Lesson #1 - A free cat isn't
    Find more Prindles on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/173120656090532/
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.