Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie 14 or 16???  Bottom

• Seems like a good deal either way but can any of you tell if it is a 14 or 16 by the pics?

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/2542779005.html

--
    Cesar (Cez) S.
    Hobie 16 (had a few)
    Nacra 5.2 "Hull Yeah"
    Vectorworks XJ - A class (not named yet)
    West Michigan (Grand Rapids/Holland Area)
    --
  • looks to be a 16 to me and a good deal if you have a way to transport it and the hulls arnt soft.
  • in the left pic there appears to be no dolphin striker, so yes, the jib-less, DS-less h14

good for up to about 190lbs total
  • If it's a H16 I'm scooping it up (hopefully for 150) because I need the mast, but from erice said it isn't, if i zoom in, there seems to be a small linear object coming down from front of the tramp frame but I can't tell if it is a dolphin striker, I guess I'll have to go look at it. They are so close proportionately that it is hard to tell unless they have the sail(s) up. But now I know to look for the DS, thanks, still open for discussion...

--
    Cesar (Cez) S.
    Hobie 16 (had a few)
    Nacra 5.2 "Hull Yeah"
    --
  • Why don't you just email/call the bloke and ask him what it is, or if it has a DS and save yourself a trip?

--
    Philip
    --
  • yeah, do that rather, the Hobie 14 Turbo because it carries a jib, has a DS, so identifying a cat from hazy pics becomes even more difficult, I just e-mailed the owner asking to clarify, H16 or H14? To me it looks like a H16.

turbo

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • I emailed the guy too, I offered him 150 to pick it up asap if it is the right size so we will see what he says.

The main reasons that I posted it are because 1 it's a good deal and 2 to see what some of the signs were to tell the difference between the two. I know that the pictures are sketchy but I thought it would be a good brain exercise for some of you hobie experts. Haha

--
    Cesar (Cez) S.
    Hobie 16 (had a few)
    Nacra 5.2 "Hull Yeah"
    --
  • By the way funny avatar pic mummp, you can't go wrong with toys and hooter's, and of course, hooters are fun toys.
  • It was a h16, picked it up today for 150, not quite sail-able but close. I need the mast but everything else is for sale, cat fever sails, I would keep the sails but I already have cat fever sails. Who needs a deal on h16 parts, I'm paying in forward but need to make some money for the wife to make up for having 3 boats. Let me know if you need anything. I can send pics, pm me.
    Hulls aren't soft BUT there is a decent crack at the transom corner, can be repaired but a eye sore right now.

--
    Cesar (Cez) S.
    Hobie 16 (had a few)
    Nacra 5.2 "Hull Yeah"
    --
  • Did I understand correctly your are selling the sails? If so can you send me pic's and a price?
    j e f f o h m s @gmail.com

Thanks

--
    Jeff O
    N5.0
    solcat 18(sold),
    N5.2,
    H16
    Camarillo CA
    --
  • Yes Jeff, I'm selling the sails, I'll get you some pics and the price, I'm out of town for the weekend but as soon as I make it back I'll unroll them and take some pics for you, to be honest I haven't unrolled them yet so I'll give you a price after I take a good look, Sunday or Monday for sure.

--
    Cesar (Cez) S.
    Hobie 16 (had a few)
    Nacra 5.2 "Hull Yeah"
    --
  • Jeff, I sent you a email with a lot of pics and some details, let me know if you don't get it.

Also going to post the part out list on the classifieds if anyone is interested.

--
    Cesar (Cez) S.
    Hobie 16 (had a few)
    Nacra 5.2 "Hull Yeah"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.