Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hurricane Irene Threatens East Coast  Bottom

• I hope all our members on the East Coast of the USA are tracking Hurricane Irene and taking it seriously.

What will you do to prepare?

Projected threats
    http://i.imwx.com/images/maps/truvu/map_specnews15_ltst_4namus_enus_600x338.jpg

Current Position and strength
    http://i.imwx.com/images/maps/tropical/map_tropinfo09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I will reef my Mainsail and perhaps furl the jib some - we shall see :)

--
    85 Prindle 16
    "If you aint the lead dog the view never changes"
    North Carolina
    --
  • Boogey Boardin and Surfin. Daughter in Va Beach hunkerin down.........So far so good.

--
    1976 Prindle 16, Sailing since 1969, Retired Chief USCG, Disabled Vet, Father of 3 great daughters!
    --
  • I lived in the abacus for a year, and was kind of disappointed how the bahamas got very little news coverage, while people were freaking out about NYC getting hit... I'm glad to say though that all of my friends in the bahamas weathered the storm safely with minimal damage.
  • Nice weather is LAME weather...

--
    The Bone
    H16
    Mass / NH
    --
  • Kinda loosing steam. We should have 30 mph here in VT and hopefully ride some sweet swells. I'll let you know how it turns out..

--
    H18, H17, P19, Glastron GT-150 (Bond jump boat)
    --
  • When Frederick hit Mobile in 1978 my H16 was tied to 4 large trees. My Dad made me retie to 4 small trees. Saved my boat. The next day 2 of the big trees were uprooted which would have given a different meaning to my Orange Crush.

Edited by golfdad75 on Aug 26, 2011 - 09:26 AM.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • QuoteWhat will you do to prepare?

Got crew for the weekend

Hope all are safe !
  • QuoteWhen Frederick hit Mobile in 1978 my H16 was tied to 4 large trees. My Dad made me retie to 4 small trees. Saved my boat. The next day 2 of the big trees were uprooted which would have given a different meaning to my Orange Crush.

we had the family san juan 21 strapped to the trailer and strapped between 6 big wrought iron post in the drive through of a bank...we watched the trailor and boat come off of the ground and fly several times from the drivethrough window! hurricanes are fun for kids until the storm ends and no airconditioning...

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.