Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Destin Sailing  Bottom

• Planning a trip to Destin, staying at the Hilton near Sandestin. Anyone know of the nearest beach access? Do they allow boats to remain out overnight?

Thanks

--
    Karl, Captain of Stayin' Thirsty
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --
  • Hey Karl... this is Kenny with sailboxes.com. Go to the Scenic Beach Highway (access is right across the street from the Silver Dollar Outlet Mall), there is a Winn Dixie where you turn. Go down about a mile or so and there is a public access to the beach with a ramp near The Whales Tale's Bar. You will have to set up in the parking spots on the side of the highway and then use cat traxs to move to the beach. There is a steep downward incline to the beach, so you will need 3 or 4 people to move the boat back up to the highway.

--
    Kenny Boudreaux
    2010 C2 F18 USA 323
    Goodall Design "Southern Area Rep"
    Owner of Sailboxes.com
    --
  • Karl,

You might also consider the Grayton Beach State Park. It's only about 10 miles away and if I'm not mistaken, a recent (4th of July) Hobie 16 Regatta sailed out of there. There may be a phone number at the link below.

http://floridastateparks.…onbeach/activities.cfm#5

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --
  • correction...I guess that regatta started "off the beach behind the Red Bar on Grayton Beach"...same general area.

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --
  • Well, I spoke to both the South Walton Sheriff's department (who are responsible for the beach) and the Hilton, and thankfully both have said it is okay for me to leave the boat up on the beach overnight. Thankfully, there appear to be a couple of spots within a few miles where I can put in, then take out before our departure. Thanks for the help.

--
    Karl, Captain of Stayin' Thirsty
    2011 Hobie 16SE
    Atlanta, GA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.