Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Modifying a trailer to fit a rhino as well  Bottom

• I'm wondering if anyone on here has done this, have any of you modded a cat trailer to also fit a rhino or golf cart? I'm pretty sure I'd have to put larger tires on it, like 14" and then cut the front part of the trailer and weld a spot to put the rhino up front but not sure if anyone has done this and if you have if you have any pictures?

Kind of an odd thing I'm sure, but taking a shot.

--
    Ben Merkley
    Prindle 16
    Chandler, AZ
    --
  • Are you trying to carry cat and ATV/Golf Cart at the same time or just re-purpose your existing cat trailer?
  • Trying to carry cat and rhino at the same time.

--
    Ben Merkley
    Prindle 16
    Chandler, AZ
    --
  • Seems like it would be problematic. ATV would have to be centered over the axle about 60/40 Front/rear which is between your cross members so trampoline off for sure. Also looking at total weight ATV @ 1200 lbs w/ fuel and Typical cat & gear at 400 - 500 lbs plus the the sprung weight of the trailer frame itself you are exceeding the 1500 lb design limits of the trailer axle and suspension or getting too close for comfort to the limit of a 2000 lb axle IMHO.

If you "put the rhino up front" as listed in your previous post you will exceed the trailer tongue weight limit of you vehicle almost certainly. Even if it is not exceed the trailer will pull VERY poorly due to the poor weight distribution.

Transporting both items on the same trailer could probably be done but you will need to use a much heavier duty trailer to carry the load. Think something like this with your trailer cross members attached would probably do the trick. http://www.tractorsupply.…payload-capacity-0191267

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.