Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

New guy with a "what is this" post. I can't figure out where this is used  Bottom

• OK. I found 2 of these lines in the righting bag along with spare trap lines, trap seats, pins, dogbones, clips, and other assorted rigging. with my new Prindle 18. i *THINK* it is something home made used to raise and lower the mast, but I really have no idea. The previous owner never sailed it, and received the boat as payment on a debt.

http://i.imgur.com/zsoDp.jpg

It has that quick release doodad, and 2 lines coming off of it. It's prob 50 foot of line X2 strands. icon_confused

--
    Prindle 18 aka Yellowtail. On the beautiful Mississippi gulf coast. Gautier / Independent Republic of Vancleave / Ocean Springs. Lot's to learn about these boats.
    --
  • Looks like a spin sheet or a jib sheet for a monohull.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • ~~ I had one of thoes on my 21' Pearson mono... Its for the jib, snap that to the clew, one runs on the port side the other on the starboard.~~

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • popeyez7~~ I had one of thoes on my 21' Pearson mono... Its for the jib, snap that to the clew, one runs on the port side the other on the starboard.~~

yep,..mine has the same unit.

--
    D Johns
    Phoenix 18 KC#126
    Port Hope Ontario

"If I put 2 Spinnakers on it, will it go faster?"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.