Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Please show me a picture of what p-16 looks like on main sheet lower block  Bottom

• Rope slipped out of the pulleys (yes I did not have a knot at both ends) and I am not sure i set it up again correctly. I do have the owner manual and I worked it as best i can, but I really think the lines are still not not right. especially the line for the main sail. The traveler works fine. So if anyone has or send a picture of how it should look I would really appreciate it. I believe I have a Harken 6:1 set up.

--
    Dave R.
    Grand Haven, MI
    '84 Prindle 16
    --
  • Dave,

Damon has the prindle 16 owners manual posted under the technical photo album. Take a look and see if this helps your question about the lines and riggings on your new boat.

http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=75732

VR
    Bert

--
    Bert Scott
    Niceville, FL
    Nacra F18
    --
  • I uploaded a diagram to the technical photos called 6 to 1. I think it is what you need.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • Thank you. Everything on my setup looks the same. The question is what to do with the line end shown as #7. I pulled this line through the eyelet on the rear cross bar and then through the cleat. It works but doesn't seem right. I have a picture, but I am not successful in uploading the image here. Damon, clicked on image button, but I don't see where i browse to grab a picture file.

--
    Dave R.
    Grand Haven, MI
    '84 Prindle 16
    --
  • I dont have a Prindle but from the pic the where #7 is appears to terminate at the eyelet - the pic shows the rope is spliced back to itself but I would think a stopper knot would work as well.

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --
  • #7 terminates at the loop just like in the picture. It is the other end of #1 that goes through the cleat and the traveler. Think of the traveler line as a whole separate line. You are just using the other end of the main sheet line as this separate line. Clear as mud?

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    --
  • Or you can use a separate line of different color for the traveler and just tie to the other end of number one. I keep mine all as one line but some people prefer to keep them separate.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Okay, so I get that #7 should be "dead ended " with a knot , but I am still fuzzy on how #1 takes care of both the main and the traveler. Any Pics? I can send an email of mine as it is, but not having any luck uploading to this site.

I have another question regarding the bolts that hold the actual tiller to the tiller cross arm. How tight should the bolt and nut be that hold these together and how can you tighten them up if the bolt head spins freely inside the hole?

--
    Dave R.
    Grand Haven, MI
    '84 Prindle 16
    --
  • This page from the manual shows it quite well. Just use the other end of the main sheet and thread it like in the picture.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=75740&g2_serialNumber=6

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    --
  • Click on the page and it gets bigger.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    --
  • dewitt492492 I can send an email of mine as it is, but not having any luck uploading to this site.

Have you seen these instructions for creating your photo album and posting images to the forum?
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…s/pictures-in-forum-faq/

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • dewitt492492Okay, so I get that #7 should be "dead ended " with a knot , but I am still fuzzy on how #1 takes care of both the main and the traveler.

#1 does not take care of the traveler. The far end of this same line (the last 8 feet or so) which is not woven through the blocks controls the traveler. They could just as easily be 2 separate lines however this would mean one more thing to juggle while sailing.

dewitt492492
    I have another question regarding the bolts that hold the actual tiller to the tiller cross arm. How tight should the bolt and nut be that hold these together and how can you tighten them up if the bolt head spins freely inside the hole?

As long as the spring is somewhat compressed and teh locking nut is on all the threads it probably doesn't make a big difference how tight they are until you fully compress the springs and begin to bind up the system. To tighten I jam a small flat head screwdriver or a pair of needlenose pliers in the hole to hold the bolt still while putting on the locknut.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.