Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Snapped dagger  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

• can anyone fill me in on why this happened blowing 17 kts 2foot chop
  • You didn't say what boat--my guess a Nacra 5.2. You had dagger all the way down on a beam reach. Way to much leverage--will snap board. Pete
  • My guess is a 5.8. Either way, I agree w/ Pete. I hardly ever put them all the way down, only if I'm trying to point as high as possible and the wind isn't gusting enough to make me trip over'm.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • Guys now that is information I need to know. Thanks never thought about it.

--
    Nacra 5.2
    --
  • He needs a 5.2 dagger as he posted in another thread looking for one.

I've had the centerboards on my boat flip up while on a beam reach a few times.
  • well still on the hunt for boards thinkin drive to diego and buy that 5.2 or pete from big bear mentioned making them out of balsa core carbon wrap? solcat boards wont fit too thick any ideas? thought for the day... the wife does not like non-aproved hull flying oh and pull those boards up on a beam reach pete nailed it at 7:30 this mourning on beam ringing its neck boom the ama rode so low in water i was thinking hole in the trunk and lake piru is deep ever get a chance wind is blowing 12 right now
  • walls619, use http://www.searchtempest.com to look for spare parts in your area if none on this website

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • Put a wanted add in the classified section, you may get a nibble.

I was gong to say that unless you have done some serious fiberglassing, by the time you build your own, adding up the money, time and 2 boards you are likely to screw up before you get it right (that is what i would end up doing anyway), you might as well have bought a new one. Then I looked at Murray's prices!! HOLY COW, the stock boards are almost $450 now, roughly double what they were a year or so ago.

Note that 5.2, 5.5, 5.8 and 6.0s all use the same daggerboards.

New England Cat's has one right now for $285 (Murray's old price).

http://www.new-england-catamarans.com/hot.html

ANd if anyone has some older 5.2 daggerboards and rudders I might also be interested just to have spares around.

Edited by Wolfman on Jul 17, 2011 - 08:16 PM.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • thanks the idea of buying another 5.2 is tempting still was planing to upgrade in 6 months to 5.7or5.8 and a back yard full of 5.2 ive got the bug but thats the a serious infection
  • The dagger probably blew as a result of the previous years of use. We snapped last week in ~15 knots of breeze, but the previous week we had been double-trapped in 25-30 (N5.8). There was probably some delamination in there somewhere..

The 5.2 and 5.5 share daggers while the 5.8 and 6.0 share another (larger) size.
  • Hey Shawn, check these out. Not sure about the 5.2 vs 5.8 dagger size difference or not. maybe measure your good one and see if it is the same.

http://www.thebeachcats.c…c-cathauler-trailer.html

Jeff O

--
    Jeff O
    N5.0
    solcat 18(sold),
    N5.2,
    H16
    Camarillo CA
    --
  • thanks guys i didnt post anything for weeks when i got cat but read every post just about i finely piped up and you guys are dialing me in had no idea murrays has them for sale or that 5.5 shares same board thanks again 450 at murrays the 5.2 in san diego is looking better for 700 the guy didnt call back yet that means strikeout but well see looking at new england cats now
  • email the nacramike guy that Duly posted to contact and ask if he has em.

He posted it in the "craigslist finds" thread.

Edited by matt922 on Jul 17, 2011 - 09:28 PM.
  • The 5.8 and 6.0 have different boards. I have a pair of new ones that need a new home.

--
    Philip
    --
  • Might have an extra. My 5.2 came with the original ones and 3 new ones. Rather sure they all the same.. Will check today. Livermore CA Hal

--
    Hal Liske
    Livermore CA
    H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
    Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
    It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
    --
  • thanks so much could you please email swalls619@yahoo.com .fillmore ca shawn
  • correction it's

NACRAMIKE55

at

yahoo dot com

He has some part's for hobie,,prindle,,& nacra's..
    matt922email the nacramike guy that Duly posted to contact and ask if he has em.

He posted it in the "craigslist finds" thread.Edited by matt922 on Jul 17, 2011 - 09:28 PM.

icon_cool
  • Just sent new email seriously thinking another parts cat?
  • for half the weight, but probably twice the price?, the carbon dagger of the weta trimaran are almost exactly the same size as the 5.2 daggers
  • Good to know , that makes 5..2 5.5 the same and the weta close . Unfortunetly twice the price means! 1,430 i called murrays which happens to be 20 miles up the road.Steve didnt want to even tell me the price,we both droped f-bombs and realized if i made them he'd buy'm. oh rick from the east coast is unbelievable , when he saw the new price for board he honored his catalog.Either i mellow out and just buy single board or buy another boat , keep ringing its neck ,and have extra everything.I like the latter...

commas,,and periods..
    Fillmore,CA

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.