Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Creating Your Forum Avatar  Bottom

• The Avatar FAQ was incorrect and has been updated. So if you don't have a forum avatar you can create one with these instructions.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/faq/Forums/avatar-faq/

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Damon,
    I followed the instructions for uploading my 150x150 avatar jpg and when I press the UPLOAD button, I get a screen showing:

•Sorry! Invalid authorisation key ('authkey'). This is probably either because you pressed the 'Back' button to return to a page which does not allow that, or else because the page's authorisation key expired due to prolonged inactivity. Please refresh the page and try again.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
  • Usually that means what it says, (prolonged inactivity) like you took a while deciding on which file to use.

Sometimes it's just a browser glitch, try logging off, restart browser and try again.

Although now that I realize you do indeed have an avatar, maybe it worked despite the error message.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Hmmmm.. I killed the browser session and restarted. The error screen does not appear after I click UPLOAD, but the uploaded file never appears on the view avatar page.
    The avatar you are seeing is one that was uploaded years ago. I did not want to use it. So, further down on the upload avatar screen, there is a link to remove the current avatar which I selected. I get a status message on my console that disabling the avatar was successful but i am still seeing it on the view avatar screen.
    Is it just me or can you upload an avatar? I wonder if there is an IE setting that must be selected.
    Thanks!
  • Damon, I can turn off or change my avatar but can't upload a new one. Have restarted browser and still no luck.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Ok, before you can upload a new avatar, you need to deactivate your current one. Refresh your page to make sure it is deactivated. Then upload your new one. Refresh your page and see if the new one is there. Select it. At this point it did not show up as active but it is in the forum. Now if I could just figure out how to change my user name?

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Yes, the avatar page needs to be refreshed after you make any changes or upload a new image. You can only have one personal avatar, so like Ron says, get rid of the old one first, refresh, then upload and select.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • nacra55 Now if I could just figure out how to change my user name?

Usernames can't easily be changed because they are used all over the databases in many different tables. I can manually change a username if it's necessary.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Yay! That helped. As you can see, my avatar is in place.
    Thanks for your help.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.