We were 3 and sailing on the edge!
    Now I'm of to sail some blokart. :)

--
    Stefan, Denmark.
    H14,H16,P16,P18,SC17,N5.8
    Team StaySail
    http://www.staysail.eu
    --
  • Pretty impressive to pitchpole A Prindle 18. Takes quite a bit to stuff those bows.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • The thing rolls like an H16 the second the bow goes under...just takes a touch of effort to get it there.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • Been there done that...More than once..... rofl2
    QuarathPretty impressive to pitchpole A Prindle 18. Takes quite a bit to stuff those bows.
  • Ya I guess so... I'm still a bit of a noob. The most exciting air I have had so far this year I could not really take full advantage of because that might have meant dumping the wife off the boat. As it was she was pretty soaked. My 2 oldest boys seem to fly more than I do now that they can take it out themselves. They weigh in less than I do together. It takes a bit to get the hull up with me on it and it makes weight distribution tricky. I have to keep the crew up on the beam to try to keep the bows down more. Plus there is not usually very big waves were I sail.

Duly, I sure like that p18 your selling those sails look pretty sweet.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • I can relate Dustin. I have had my P16 a month now and have yet to get it wet. The wife had a very bad experience the last time she tried cat sailing and it took some talking to get her to try again. I have been real anal about getting the boat right before we take it out. My first blow-boat was a 14 Chrysler that snapped a shroud the first time I took it out. Something like that would make me a single-hand sailor real quick. I get the weight thing too, I was skinny once, but I got over it.

--
    Mike Brady
    Sugar Land, TX
    Sailing off Magnolia Beach in Lavaca Bay TX
    http://358degrees.blogspot.com/
    P16 "Pooh Cat"
    --
  • @makinmajik: are you in touch with the TCDYC guys? www.tcdyc.com (texas city dike multihull guys) Support and friendliness abound with TCDYC
  • No Tami, from where I live TCD is a long sled. Lots of traffic no matter how you drive it. Magnolia is a longer drive, but very little traffic. I have been there before but not after the storm. I like Matagorda Bay, very quiet most days. I think the wife is more comfortable with the lack of a lot of boat traffic.
    Once we are more comfortable, I might make the drive. I will check out the www though. Always good to have more contact with cat folk.

Edited by makinmajik on Jul 14, 2011 - 03:28 PM.

--
    Mike Brady
    Sugar Land, TX
    Sailing off Magnolia Beach in Lavaca Bay TX
    http://358degrees.blogspot.com/
    P16 "Pooh Cat"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.