Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

patching a hole in my tramp  Bottom

• I saw the post recently on patching a trampoline and saw the links to the speed stitcher and the sailrite link for tramp material. Unfortunately, sialrite only has black and mine is blue. does anyone know of another good place to get this from?
    Can it be done while installed on the boat or should i take it off, or is this something i need to have a professional done.
    Any help,posts, video or advice would be greatly appreaciated.
  • Sailrite should have blue material that would work. Phifertex Plus is one possibility for a mesh that comes in blue as is the Blue Vinyl Naugahyde they sell if you are patching a vinyl tramp.

For patching and using the speed stitcher you really need accesss to both sides of the tramp. I guess technically it is possible to do it with the tramp on, but with you sitting on it, stretching it out and having to get tot he back side it really isn't the right way to do it. You should take it off. Judging from some of the prices we have been seeing it may be easier and cheaper just to take it to a local sailmaker or tarp/awning maker and get them to do it.

Regards,
    Dave

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • The hole is in the very front of the tramp just behind the front crossbar, si getting to both sides should be simple to get to.
    Also, i called sailrite and they do not offer it in blue.
  • Well Sunrise does sell blue polypropylene mesh trampolines, but I haven't been able to locate a retailer that stocks that mesh.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    --
  • ~~ I had a tramp that had 3 holes in it....... I got rid of her ~~ icon_biggrin icon_lol icon_razz jumpclap prost

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • You could have just patch one with duct tape and kept the tramp! FTW! ficktmich

Wait a sec, that smiley isn't giving me the thumbs up is it?

Edited by Wolfman on Jun 23, 2011 - 05:27 PM.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    --
  • Sailmaker's Supply sells Phifertex Plus, in various colours. Scroll down the page

http://www.sailmakerssupp….com/prod_detail_list/12
  • I personally think it would be easier to just buy a new one, once you have one hole patched, others are sure to develop shortly.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.