Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

G-Cat 5.0 Weight and righting?  Bottom

• Hello everybody. As you all know I just purchased a G-Cat. I was wondering before my first ocean adventure, how is this boat to right? It seems like a big boat and I weigh 180 and my girlfriend weighs 130 (mostly in the chest area :0). Will we be able to right this boat if she goes over?
  • You need to go out in calm water, near shore, & hang yourself & those Double Dees off the leeward traps & flip the boat. Now you can take your time figuring out what lines need to be released, how to turn the mast into the wind, & finally hiking out to see if it will come up.
    Don't take anyone's word for what they think will happen, especially those who have never righted a G Cat. Go do it yourself, on a calm day, in safe water. 30 minutes of this will tell if your mast is sealed, where you need knots or handholds on the righting line, Where you want your GF to be & what you want her to do to help.
    Then go out on an ocean adventure.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Agreed, I can easily right my N 5.2 by myself but EC needs at least 4 extra double dees to right his N5.7. I never thought there would be that much difference between the boats. He substitutes a righting bag when 2 bras aren't handy. :)

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.