Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Trampoline stitching needs replaced?  Bottom

• Hello everybody. The stitching on my trampoline seems to be dry rotted and can be pulled apart easily. I live in daytona beach and was wondering what kind of shop or person I should look for to redo the stitching? An upholsterer? A sail maker? What are your thoughts?
    Thank you all!
  • You can get a sailmaker, tarp maker or uphosterer to do the repair. They all have the needed industrial sewing machines to do it as well as the know how. YOu just have to make sure they use the correct thread. The correct thread is V-92 or V-69 UV resistant polyester (not standard upholstery thread or the stuff you get at the local fabric shop). First choice is likely a sailmaker, second choice a Tarp or Bimini maker (look for someone that makes outdoor tents and awnings), last choice is an upholsterer as they may not know as much about sewing for outdoor and high stress conditions.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • 3rd choice is doing it yourself by hand with waxed "whipping twine" and a large needle. for areas too tough to push through by hand, like through the solid plastic sheet along the back of an old nacra tramp, you can use a sewing awl
  • Ok I think I will bring it to a bimini guy. I have a g-cat 5.0 with dual tramps. What do you think the cost would be to do the perimeter of both?
  • anybody have a rough estimate?
  • Rough guess $150? Probably about half what a new one would cost.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • WolfmanRough guess $150? Probably about half what a new one would cost.

just took mine in too. $150 for centre pole loops sewn (new) and x2 outer tramp edges sewn. icon_razz

--
    D Johns
    Phoenix 18 KC#126
    Port Hope Ontario

"If I put 2 Spinnakers on it, will it go faster?"
    --
  • Well found a marine fabricator place that is going to restitch both for $75! Great deal I think. I will be installing the tramp back on to the cat today. Is there a diagram online or a video that shows you how to do it? What side do you start on, what are the tricks of the trade so to speak! Thanks everyone!
  • I took mine to a Tarp/awning shop. I think he charged me about $30 2 years ago, and used UV resistant thread. He went around 3 times and re-enforced the corners with a little webbing. He also had power boats out front he was putting covers on. I was expecting $50+. Probably gave my tramp another 5 years of life, before the rest of it will die.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.