Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Craigslist  Bottom

• Matt922..... I DID buy the boat on craigslist, did you see it listed? The boat sat up for 18 years.... covered. Looks like it's only a couple of years old. Aluminum is still great. All rivets, no corrosion. Sails still crisp as the day they were bought. SWEET boat for a sweet price! icon_eek
  • definitely a sweet deal on that boat icon_cool

have any full size pics?
  • No pics yet, I'm having all new rigging made. The rigging has to be at least 18 years old also. Can't trust it. I plan on sailing off the dike, great wind there and they have redone the entire dike. I'd like to be able to meet some other cat sailors, I lost all of my previous buds..... been out of it for 20 years. Can't wait to get back in again!
  • I'd be down to sail, but...I'm over in MS, i just keep an eye on craigslist for prindle/hobie stuff from time to time.

Edited by matt922 on Jun 10, 2011 - 10:05 AM.
  • If that is the one that was in Spring Branch I was trying to go look at it also. Worked out well though, I ended up with a 16 in really good shape. I don't think the 18.2 would have fit through the gate into my back yard anyway. That is a nice looking boat, hope you enjoy it.

--
    Mike Brady
    Sugar Land, TX
    Sailing off Magnolia Beach in Lavaca Bay TX
    http://358degrees.blogspot.com/
    P16 "Pooh Cat"
    --
  • It is the one in Spring Branch. I just finished running some "poly ox" over it. Gonna finish up with some "poly glaze" tommorrow. It already looked kinda new but, it's gonna be showroom when I'm done. Did you get a hobie 16 or prindle 16? Where do you live? I went out to the dike today and talked with some sailors and they said that there's 'bout 15 +- bouts there on the weekends. I need a prindle 18.2 or 19 to show me the rigging. It's nothing like a Hobie.....
  • ahhh, the prindle isn't bad after the first time or two, but if you get stuck one day rigging it, feel free to give me a ring and i should be able to help you out. (228)-three one three- 2482

hardest part for me and my buddy was taking the main sail down.
  • Thanks Matt.... really nice of you to offer. I'm starting to feel right at home all over again. Call me up if you ever get down this way....(832) five six one, 8234......
  • I got the Prindle 16 that was up in Spring. Blue deck that is not weak of faded, I was impressed. Everything is serviceable, just needs some attention to the trailer. Thats easy, my shop is full of metalworkers.

I'm in Sugar Land, I am going down to have a look at Magnolia Beach this weekend. Always wanted to check the place out, heard it is a good place to sail, shallow, but good. The 16 with kick-ups should work for that.

--
    Mike Brady
    Sugar Land, TX
    Sailing off Magnolia Beach in Lavaca Bay TX
    http://358degrees.blogspot.com/
    P16 "Pooh Cat"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.