Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle jib question  Bottom

• I have a potentially dumb p16 question.
    Mine is a 78 model without threaded rig tensioners, the rig tension is set by the jib halyard
    So how am I supposed to run the boat without the jib on? use the wire out of it?
  • Take the jib sheets forward and shackle them to the point where the bridal wires and the forestay meet and sheet them in from both sides, this will tighten everthing and bring the mast forward as well. Use this method if your wire portion of your jib halyard happens to break while sailing. It will stop the extreme movement of the mast while sailing and allow you to get back safely.
  • I would never recommend sailing without the jib as you would find it hard to tack, then have to jibe probably resulting in capsize in heavy wind. Better to reef the main, but you'll have to put reef points in and a new nicopress on the halyard. Just sail the boat as normal & let off the traveller as you feel overpowered. Pete
  • I agree if you have a jib you might as well have it rigged. Even single handed it is not too hard to run the jib. When tacking just leave it till last.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.