Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

P15 tramp on a P16?  Bottom

• Hi yall, does anyone know if a P15 tramp can be used on a P16?

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • well that depends on if the beams are the same distance apart. and if the p16 has ports or not. I think the beam width is probably the same but if the distance between the front and rear beam is different then you would not be able to tighten it.

Do you already have the p15 tramp? if so you could always just try it but if you were looking to buy one I'd just shop for a p16 either used or new. I bet somebody here has something for sale.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Thanks for your reply Mr. Finlinson, the beam is the same for both P15 & P16. My P15 in on the Mississippi Gulf coast and my newly purchased P16 is inland about 60 miles where I live and work. I didn't know if anyone knew what the difference in the length between the front crossbar and aft crossbar for the two. My hope is that it is no more than 3". If that were the case, I think it would work and the ride to the coast would be that much more justified to pick up the 15 for the tramp. The tramp on the 16 is shot. Thanks again, see on the water!

--
    --
  • Thanks to Coastrat for making a P15 tramp work on the "Sideways" P16. There is about 3" - 4" of "open" area between the old P16's tramp rear edge (that we kept) and the P15 tramp's rear edge. Thanks to Coastrat for the rigging help! clap

--
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.