Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

STARTING OUT ON GULF COAST  Bottom

• LOOKING INTO GETTING INTO THE CAT RELM NEED SOME GOOD ADVICE ABOUT BOAT AND SUCH I WILL MOST LIKELY BE SAILING BY MYSELF SO COULD USE SOME SINGLE HANDED BOAT IDEAS HAVE RUN SINGLE KEELED BOATS BUT NEVER CATS COULD USE SOME POINTERS ON THAT ALSO WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE COULD DO SOME CLASSES OR TRAINING
  • deepcman66,

Welcome to TheBeachcats.com I'm sure some of our resident Gulf sailors will chime in. I will help if you state your location, might get a local contact. If you are within distance of Ocean Springs, MS you can stop by the Ocean Springs Yacht Club where the Slip to Ship regatta is held to look at a lot of boats. Best time would be Friday while everyone is rigging or Sunday afternoon after the races are over.

As for recommending a single handed cat, let us know your weight, a lot of beachcats are weight sensitive. A lot of two-handed beachcats can be single handed after some experience.

One Thing more: NO NEED TO SHOUT icon_wink

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Hey thanks for getting back with me as a matter of fact i live in ocean springs so if you could get me a hookup would be great also i weigth around 250 lbs and thanks for the lineup this weekend i will surely check it out didnt mean to shout eyes are getting bad
  • deepcman66Hey thanks for getting back with me as a matter of fact i live in ocean springs so if you could get me a hookup would be great also i weigth around 250 lbs and thanks for the lineup this weekend i will surely check it out didnt mean to shout eyes are getting bad

Well you are in a fine situation then, OSYC http://www.osyc.com is beachcat heaven. I would recommend getting over there and joining the club. They have catamarans available for members to use so you wouldn't even have to buy your own beachcat right away as you learn how to sail and what works best for you.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Additional note: OSYC is having a membership drive and offering a 30% discount on initiation fees during the month of May. http://www.osyc.com/index…=Content&func=view&pid=3

Tell them Damon from TheBeachcats.com sent you, no wait, that might be counter productive. icon_lol

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.