Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sheeting the lines into a snufferbag  Bottom

• It has been a while I've been on the beachcats, busy working but also modifying my P18-2.
    Did put a spipole on it and bought a secondhand F18 spi. Will post some pics soon.
    I took it out with the spi a couple of times, Setting the spi from a bag on the tramp is easy, getting
    it down was a nightmare when sailing solo.
    So, a snufferbag was bought. This one is attachted under the spipole and has almost the lenght of the pole.
    My spi has two patches, you can run a thin line trough them. One is in the center, the other is about 3 Ft from
    the top of the sail.
    Can't figure out how to run the lines, to get the spi in the snufferbag properly.
    Has anyone a diagram or pictures to help me figure out this problem?

Thanks, Andre

Edited by catmodding on May 16, 2011 - 04:39 PM.

--
    Tornado (80's Reg White)
    Prindle 18-2 (sold)
    Dart 16 (hired and hooked)
    13 mtr steel cutter (sold)
    Etap 22, unsinkable sailing pocket cruiser.

Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    --
  • Sounds like you have a mid pole snuffer and an end pole sail. Endpole sails have 2 patches and mid poles have 3.

Something to try would be to add a line ( maybe 3 feet ) to the clew with a ring on it ( 1.25 inch stainless ). Run your take down line thru it then the center patch and top. See if that helps. In the end you want to get a sail maker to add a third patch.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • The three patches for midpole are in different positions than the two patches for the endpole, so you would have to add three patches. Make sure to mark each patch with a sharpie at to not get confused when reefing your snuffer line.

Andre, I'm not clear as to your problem. I'm wondering if the provided bag matches the pole/snuffer and if the pole is the proper length for the spin.

--
    Philip
    --
  • mummp,
    I copied all the measures of a F18 lying at our club.Distance to Head and Tack from and on the mast are precisely the same. Used a 50 mm aluminium tube. The snufferbag is an endpole bag.
    Just looking for a drawing or photo how to run the lines through the patches into the snufferbag.

Regards, Andre

--
    Tornado (80's Reg White)
    Prindle 18-2 (sold)

--
  • here is my hand drawn art work... hope it helps

http://www.asnstudios.com/itc/itc/images/retrival-line.jpg
  • @ MN3

Yes, that helps a lot, its really simple. Never thought of running the line trough the patch, was thinking about
    running 2 lines, one on each side of the spi.
    Thank you for your time and effort.

Regards, Andre

--
    Tornado (80's Reg White)
    Prindle 18-2 (sold)

--

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.