Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sailing on Kaneohe bay Oahu HI last Thursday.  Bottom

• I figured this was a cool enough experience to post up on here. We decided to take my wife and two friends out on my H21SE. Just got a couple of trapeze harnesses for it and had my two friends put them on. It was blowing any where form 6-20 knots. It may have been gusting more. Anyway this was the first time I had any one out on the wire on this boat. After we are about a mile or two off of shore I spot a huge sea turtle on the surface about 50 yards ahead and off the starboard hull. I steer the boat as to put the turtle right off the side of my starboard hull (not close enough to chance hitting it) and right under my guy out on the wire! The turtle didn’t even hear us and as soon as the turtle seen my guy on the wire dived down under and out of sight. We spent a few hours out on the bay and on our way back might have seen the same turtle, this guy though saw us coming and disappeared long before we got close. Circled back towards the launch and the wind really picked up. We ended up shattering my boats old speed record. GPS put us in at 22 knots. All in all probably my best day of sailing yet.
  • Sailing in Hawaii sounds cool to me no matter how your day goes. This particular day sounds like a dream.

Be careful, hitting a giant sea turtle at 22 knots would ruin your day!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Yea tell me about it. Even touching a sea turtle here is a $50K fine......

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.