Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Blue type on forums  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

• I am old and sure have a hard time making out the titles on the home page. Blue letters on a blue back ground. anyone else have this problem. Maybe my monitor...
  • You're right, you are old icon_cool

--
    Griff
    Hobie 16
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    --
  • Must be your monitor settings. Or it may be because you're old. :)

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • ~~ I think steve is kinda right,, Maybe Damon has to many blue crayons in his box... He also has to change the some of the lettering in some of the other places....( photo albums for example ) ~~~ icon_rolleyes

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • skarr1I am old and sure have a hard time making out the titles on the home page. Blue letters on a blue back ground. anyone else have this problem. Maybe my monitor...

Which titles are you talking about?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • On the home page the recap of the last 15 post right under the title "Go To Catamaran Sailing Forums"
  • That's interesting, so you are seeing these as blue on a blue background? Is that on every row or alternating rows? It's supposed to be a white background row alternating with a very light grey background row. The color of the grey background is #f3f3f3

Go to this page and tell be what the colors look like on your monitor.
    http://www.color-hex.com/color/f3f3f3

It's possible you are having trouble reading them simply because they are too small, To fit more text in I did recently reduce the font size for the list of forum posts on the front page.

Everyone else please let me know if it has become unreadable for you.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • popeyez7 He also has to change the some of the lettering in some of the other places....( photo albums for example )

I recently fixed a problem that was producing really tiny fonts in the photo albums. Do you have any problems reading the titles and descriptions on this page?
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=10570

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • It's the blue font on the white and gray alternating lines. I have no problem with the font in the photo albums.
  • Take a look now and let me know if it's easier to read. I've switched the font to Verdana (slightly wider) with Geneva for the Mac users, and changed to a deeper shade of blue for the links.

Steve, I appreciate it when someone takes the time to let me know they are having trouble with something on the site.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • I tried all 3 computers, 24" LCD monitor set on crappy VGA, 15" laptop, & 10" netbook. They are all fine, & I'm using 50+ eyes! Even dimming the screens way down did not decrease readability, there is plenty of contrast.
    Is it possible that your system is not set to its native resolution? That usually effects the readability a bit, but contrast should still be good. Sometimes systems get set to 16 bit color, to increase performance over 32 bit, contrast seems OK when I switch mine. Go to control panel & look for your display settings. If it is set on a low res like 800x600, try some higher settings. Most recent laptops will handle high def. If you have a "tunable" desktop monitor, try playing with with things like resolution & contrast. They usually have a choice somewhere to reset to default.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Sorry Damon. When I went to post the above, I received an "error, Beachcats not Responding" message, followed by a "server timed out" message. I tried 3 times, got same message, then logged out & back in, only to see it posted 3 times. I can't figure out a way to delete them.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • damonAdmin
    popeyez7 He also has to change the some of the lettering in some of the other places....( photo albums for example )

I recently fixed a problem that was producing really tiny fonts in the photo albums. Do you have any problems reading the titles and descriptions on this page?
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=10570

~~ AH, Thanks Damon... It's been awhile since I've been there. It looks good, I now have "HAPPY EYES" robot The rest of the site looks good including all the pretty blue colors.. jump Yeah, I might be old, but have good eye sight~~ I can tell ya what kind of boat it is 10 miles away, how many on board ETC but need glasses to read a newspaper~ Go figure!!
    I see on the news about the flood waters...... You must be hi & dry in your part of the state... THATS GOOD !! icon_wink

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • Edchris177Sorry Damon. When I went to post the above, I received an "error, Beachcats not Responding" message, followed by a "server timed out" message. I tried 3 times, got same message, then logged out & back in, only to see it posted 3 times. I can't figure out a way to delete them.

Not your fault, right about that time the site was down for more than an hour. The entire data center where the server is located "lost connectivity", which should never happen considering they claim to have triple redundant connections to separate backbones. I'm waiting on an explanation and it had better be good, or I'm outa there.

Thanks for checking out the site on different systems.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • popeyez7Yeah, I might be old, but have good eye sight~~ I can tell ya what kind of boat it is 10 miles away, how many on board ETC but need glasses to read a newspaper~ Go figure!!

I'm in the same boat, never needed glasses and still read an eye chart at 20/20 but can't read anything close enough to hold, and I have really long arms. icon_lol

Using reading glasses and even reading sunglasses has been a really big hassle.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Damon, give the data center some credit. Thebeachcats has never loaded faster from the Netherlands. A year or so ago it was sheer drama.

Dennis
  • Damon,
    Not sure you can be much help but here is a problem I get. When I get the email to a posting that I subscribe to I always receive the hyperlinks for an image that are incorrect, making it ineffective. For example I will receive the link with [/img] included as part of the link on the end, making it broken. It appears the subscriptions utility creates the error. Anyway to fix it?

--
    Philip
    --
  • dennisMeDamon, give the data center some credit. Thebeachcats has never loaded faster from the Netherlands. A year or so ago it was sheer drama.
    Dennis

Thanks Dennis, good to hear. During the last year the entire site code has been upgraded to be more efficient, and the new server is vastly faster than anything I've run it on before.

What can I do to attract more visitors from Europe? After the big English language countries (USA, Canada, Australia, UK), Germany, The Netherlands, France, and Italy bring the most visitors. Lots of catamaran sailors in those countries.

I've often wondered if there are popular catamaran websites equivalent to TheBeachcats.com in German, Dutch, French, and Italian where the European sailors go. I know English is often used in Europe as a common language between these countries when doing business, why couldn't TheBeachcats.com be the common place for European catamaran sailors to gather?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • mummpDamon,
    Not sure you can be much help but here is a problem I get. When I get the email to a posting that I subscribe to I always receive the hyperlinks for an image that are incorrect, making it ineffective. For example I will receive the link with [/img] included as part of the link on the end, making it broken. It appears the subscriptions utility creates the error. Anyway to fix it?

Hey Philip, I'll investigate, I know what you are talking about.

The problem is caused by the special codes that are used in the forum instead of html for images and links. They don't translate to email, most email readers can handle html but not bbcode.

I could eliminate the broken email links by simply not attempting to include the text of the post in the notification, instead just providing a link to the topic.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • damonAdmin

I could eliminate the broken email links by simply not attempting to include the text of the post in the notification, instead just providing a link to the topic.

Don't do that. The link to the post is already provided. Between the choices, I say just leave it as is. . .

--
    Philip
    --

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.