Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Tramp Mesh or Bias cut  Bottom

• Hi, all wondering in your opinions for whom have replaced there tramps which would you recommend a mesh or bias cut this will be for a N5.0 pros/cons .Replacing and need to know which is more recommended. Thanks All.
  • Both. Mesh is the material, bias cut is the method of construction allowing you to only have lacing at the rear of the boat (instead of lacing at the rear and along one side). Mesh is nice because water doesn't pond on it but makes for a wetter ride if it is rough out.

Dave.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • If you are asking if bias cut is worth the extra money vs. non bias cut... YES and get the highest quality thread if you want to maximise the life of the tramp
  • Last week I replaced my OE Hobie 18 vinyl tramp with the bias cut from SLO. While I have not sailed with it yet, the fit was great, and with the help of this web site's Admiral and his T-bar twisty leverage thingy the tramp is very tight. I really like the look of the solid surface as well. Be sure to clean the tracks well and lube them with sailkote, soapy water or something else.

Props to Hobie though - while the original equipment tramps are more $$ - my boat is an '84 and I just now needed to replace the tramp due mostly to fading.

--
    David
    Memphis, TN
    '84 Hobie 18
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.