Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 6.0 vs. Inter-20?  Bottom

• What is the difference between the boats I see listed as "Nacra 6.0" and the "Nacra Inter-20"? They look very similar in the pictures I have seen, but I haven't seen them up close.
  • 6.0--------------------------------------------------------------N20
    Aluminum mast--------------------------------------Carbon fiber mast
    Boom less main----------------------------------------Has a boom
    Dagger boards and rudders----------Higher aspect carbon fiber dagger boards and rudders
    Hulls-------------------------------------------Wider hulls that are canted out at the bottom

I have not owned ether boat but have seen them in person. These are just some of the differences that I can think of.

Edited by skarr1 on Apr 27, 2011 - 01:52 PM.
  • I really appreciate you clearing that up. I'm looking for another catamaran and noticed the price difference, but just couldn't tell what made them different.
  • there are also differences in the sail plan

the nacra 6.0, old school with pinhead main, big? roller furling jib, for better reaching?

http://www.google.com/sea…&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=653

inter 20 with square top main, smaller jib but spin for better downwind etc.

http://www.google.com/sea…20&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=
  • Nacra 20 also is a self tacking jib.
  • They are both 20 foot boats but that is where the likeness stops. I own a Nacra 6.0 and just recently 2 friends have purchased Nacra 20's, so I have had the opportunity to sail them. The nacra 20 is a sailing beast, pure acceleration when a puff hits you. Self tacking jib, what a pleasure. Boat was designed to carry a spinnaker, not an after thought. I have a spinnaker for my 6.0, but it is still an after thought. The bow foil makes you carry the pole so much lower, and that can be a little harry in big seas. The tramp area on the nacra 20 is much cleaner without the 4 way jib lead system. The nacra 20 is very well balanced and can handle heavy wind. I have been a nacra fan for quite awhile, the only thing keeping me from getting a nacra 20 is money. The good used ones are still a little pricey as well as replacing dagger boards, rudders and the mast if you happen to break them.
  • HULLFLYERTthe only thing keeping me from getting a nacra 20 is money.

Me too. wallbash

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Me three!
    I own a N6.0, great boat. Square top main, self tacking and furling Jib, Spin with raised bowfoil and lowered rear spin pole attachment, all the controls that the I20 has. The difference is, I had to build all of the systems.
    Also, the N6.0 is an old design essentially from the 70's. Still its a very fast boat.
    The I20 hulls were designed using computers to maximise the things that make these boats go fast, and minimise the things that slow them slow down.
    New design and 30 years of knowhow + faster boat, easier to use.
    And yes, More $$$$

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.