Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

~~ Comp tip.. Hobie 16 ~~  Bottom

• ~~ A friend of mine broke his comp tip. I've worked on plenty of Hobies, but not the tip... How hard is it to replace it, or just get another mast??? (I would replace the mast cause he doesn't race it.... ) Any for sale in the Northeast states?? Nothing on here or E-bay !! Any ideas ???? Thanks !!! ~~~~

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • There are several masts on ebay where the sellers are willing to ship. There are some on here with comp tips. Maybe they would be
    willing to cut the mast and ship you only the comp tip. Keep watching ebay they do come up. Got an original in the box h18 comp tip kit for under $150 shipped last year.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • If the guy doesn't race it, heck, he oughta take the opportunity to get a solid mast

To replace:
    Drill out the rivets. With a torch, heat, GENTLY AND EVENLY (move the flame round to get even heat) the casting where the tip went in. You're melting the epoxy which glued the thing together. when it seems to be heated, you and friend pull the tip part out. This might take several tries.

Or, like I said, source an all-aluminum mast...

Edited by tami on Apr 09, 2011 - 04:25 PM.
  • I have a 16 mast that does not have a comptip. It is for sale, I am on Cape Cod.
  • ~~ Capedave...... check yer private mess. on here

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.