Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

120 Nm Sailing/Camping Trip 2 Days Apr 8 and 9,2011  Bottom

• This is a small trip designed to get some friends together and maybe make new ones! I have charted a 60 mi course one way starting from Conn Brown Harbor, Aransas Pass, TX out to Port Aransas, TX then stay in gulf close to shore 1-2 mi for about 50 nm till matagorda island tip. Pelican Point turn left and there is an old WWII abandoned airfield and camping ground that is really neat to stay at. No showers available but I think there might be fresh water. I can check. If your interested let me know by emailing me at brianmgraham2002@yahoo.com. I will be taking my Prindle 18.
  • Sounds like a fun trip, is it a commercial campground or just empty space? Does it have a website?

Keep us informed on your progress, take pictures!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Yes it's a professionally kept, really nice area with tables, BBQ grills and covered
    camping sites. The Marina is deep enough for fixed keel boats and the fishing should
    be great! The only access to Army Hole is by boat. All cats should be OK because the
    Avg depth is 5-6 ft. Hoping we can get at least 2 other boats.

--
    Is a bad day sailing better than a good days work?
    --
  • The trip is being postponed until a later date
    Due to uncertainties in the work schedule. I will try
    to get another date as soon as possible together
    that works for everyone. I will keep you posted.

--
    --
  • Army hole is on the Texas 200 route. The Texas 200 is a 200 mile small boat sail/camping trip. Lots of small home made boats, catamarans and proas. On the right side of their home page are three links to past Photos & Accounts. Stories of sinkings, dimasting, noseeums and storms. Looks like a lot of fun.
    http://texas200.com/
  • Planning on it I went last year and I cant wait for this year. I wanted to do a practice run with this boat since its new to me. I wanted to see if I could get about 2 or 3 cats to go. If anyones interested let me know.

--
    --
  • traneguy

post your request also at the Texas City Dike Yacht Club group site

www.tcdyc.com

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.