Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

What's with all the Infusions (and Inter 20s) or sale?  Bottom

• Okay ... I understand the Inter 20s ... I'm sure all you guys want to upgrade to the Nacra Carbon 20, but what's with all the Infusions? Are you guys upgrading to the larger boat? or is it 2 seasons and time to get a shiny new Infusion? I know your not changing loyalties. As a used Nacra owner and classified ad junkie, your loss is my gain.

I have been working on my spouse about moving to the Nacra 20, this may take a season. There is a fleet up in Wisconsin (and at least one for sale) another in Michigan (again more boats for sale there too). I may need to arrange a ride with one of these guys to confirm my suspicions.

I mean the Inter 18 (my current boat) is fast and cool as all heck, but how much cooler is the 20? Does the add'l 2 feet add significant stability and less prone to pitch pole in high winds? At what wind speed do you need to put the boat away? As a measure we put the Inter-18 away when we have sustained winds above 30kts. We usually run about a 380 crew weight.

And how does the Infusion fit into the mix? Should I consider this boat an option? I have sailed the Nacra F-18 which pierces the water way more than my boat, but its a dog down wind where we easily plane off.

We don't currently race on our beach but rather head out on big days. Can the Infusion take a beating? Is it expensive to maintain?

Edited by nhanson on Mar 08, 2011 - 02:11 PM.

--
    nacra inter-18
    CNBP
    --
  • The F-18s have also been going through a series of radical changes recently mostly to hull shapes. So much so that the competative racers need to replace thier boats every year or two just to stay competative. Also the improvements that you see in the N20 are filtering down to the infusions so last years infusion is not necessarily this years fusion. As long as manufacturers like Marstrom and AHPC keep on pushing the envelope you will probably see lots of F18s on the market.

All the infusions are AWESOME boats!! Lighter than normal due to the infusion molding and fast as all hell. I can't see it being more expensive than any other boat, the parts are still the same and the boat is still fiberglass. Not sure how much beating it can take, but probably not any less than your inter 18.

I'm really hoping an F17 or F18 of any vintage comes up for sale close enough to me to pick up.

D.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.