Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

P 15 forestay and turnbuckle  Bottom

• Salty Dog Marine appears to no longer sell P15 rigging. My P15 came with a non-stock forestay. The mast rake cannot be adjusted back far enough. This appears to cause the boat to prefer backing up. Because of this (certainly it is not being caused by the lack of sailing skills of the capt), I may have to resort to making one custom. Is there anyone out there that might happen to know the length of such a forestay starting from the top of the forestay thimble to the top of the turnbuckle? Thanks in advance and drugs are bad, mumkay. squidder

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • Does it have the standard Prindle forestay closed turnbuckle?

You could always make it the as what you have but end it in a thimble and use a chainplate on the front for adjusting.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Try Murrays sailing. They have the measurements for most rigging
    and will make you up one.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • the backasswards is an interesting case...previous owners added a jib and in the process the forestay and bridals are now hobie parts with the adjustable chainplates. whether you adjust all way back or foreward the boat will not tack or point worth a hoot. the travelor must be loosened 1-1.5 feet to try and point at all, if travelor is in the boat immediately pinches to the point of irons-hence the namesake "backasswards". i believe the boat needs a new set of standing rigging, besides the hobie parts, the old shrouds look SCARY! after reading this post, i started looking for sets where i used to see them and now they are gone...low demand i guess. i would get on the phone and talk to some humans, they have to have these dimensions somewhere(call performance catamarans 714-835-6416). the p-15 is rated lower than the 16, and should be every bit as fast(if not faster!) but as it is, the king of tahiti must watch the blue ribbon sail away with the chicks and beer...thus leaving his stones with a blueish tint.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.