Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Cat Sailing in color posted on our New blog.  Bottom

• Hey guys we started a small wordpress site to post general cat sailing topics for our fleet members we are working hard to promote the sport and though a blog might help out people new to the cat sailing scene. This is the first blog but we have a few planned that will be more DIY focused that answers those questions we all ask when we start out.
    Let me know what you think. http://www.surfsidesailing.org
  • Hmmm? No thoughts or opinions I guess everyone is preparing thier boats for the upcoming season.
  • I like your web site and those retro sails too.SLO is certainly meeting a demand for retro Hobie sails.
    I myself think that the Orange Crusher where the prettiest sails Hobie ever produced and have restored an older 16 Hobie with plan of have those Orange crusher sail costumed made by Hobie Cat.
    Unfortunately, Hobie says they don't offer orange sails....I guess it is not profitable to custom make just one sail for me.I thought that Hobie would subcontract it out to Whirlwind and let Chip make an Orange Crusher and put on a Hobie label to make it "official".I was under the impression that Hobie Used Whirlwind to made certain low volume sails(like a replacement for my 21SE sails) and provide Chip with an Hobie label to make it class legal.I don't think having a class legal Hobie 21SE sail means anything today.
    I have found a beautiful storm orange sail cloth that is 9 oz. fabric and I feel it my be too heavy for my 16?What is your opinion? Could I use that heavy fabric for new 21Se sails?

--
    Bill 404 21SE
    --
  • Looks good bud. If only you had a graphic designer to really make it *pop*.

=D

You thinking of running the Dash this year w/ that H18?

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • Bill I would call a sail loft and ask them Chip @ whirlwind would be a great person to ask. The H16 sails are 4oz & 5oz in most cases.

Rob you coming down for the dash bro? I was thinking about taking a buddys Hobie getaway and just filling the coolers with beer and coming in last place! Lol!!!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.