Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Whirlwind Sails  Bottom

• Hey Everyone,

I just got off the phone from ordering a new jib from Chip Buck owner of Whirlwind Sails. Just so you are aware in the last couple of years the sail making business has been pretty depressed (obviously the first thing to go when the economy is down are all the fun things that people can live without). In the mean time he started working with Hyde Sails in thier big boat division to make up for the slow down, while maintaining his own company.

Recently he was offered a position as the vice president of Hyde Sails based in thier new facility in Annapolis! Of course he took it. As part of this move he is rolling Whirlwind into Hyde Sails, but unfortunately the new position also means that he doesn't have the time to do the actual sailmaking himself anymore (happens to the best of us). He is doing the sail designs still and is working with some amazing people who worked on the sails for the America's Cup boats.

In order to do everything, he has had to outsource most of the actual sailmaking though. That being said, Chip is a stickler for quality and workmanship especially for sails that he puts his name on. He indicated that the sail he is getting made are of very high quality and he is able to offer more options. Anyway I had a real good conversation with him and made my order for a very reasonable price. I will report back on what the sail looks like when I get it but I expect the design, quality and workmanship will be top notch as usual!

Anyway for anyone who is concerned or interested that is the story from the horses mouth. Can't wait to get my new sail! (and for the snow to melt so I can use it!)

Regards,
    Dave

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • Thanks for the update Dave

Hope Chip continues to do well

--
    Gordon
    Nacra 5.5SL
    --
  • I bought a H17 sail from Chip last year. One word: TERRIFIC!!

Mike
  • i bought a jib for my hobie 18 from whirlwind 3 seasons ago and must say i was happy with price, quality and durability.
    will do business again with them
    icon_cool

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.