Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Tramp Replacement and Beam End Caps  Bottom

• OK, so I need to replace my tramp on the 5.0 in time for the Spring sailing to start.

Question: in order to slide the existing tramp off the front beam I need to remove the end caps...they are firmly attached with a couple of rivets. Any hints to remove them in one piece (or close to one piece) and then re-attach? Or is my only option to just remove and not worry about not having an endcap on one side?

Anyone with experiences with this?

David
  • Drill off existing rivets of one end cap. Replace tramp and rerivet. If you do not have a rivet gun, replace the rivets with small stainless stell screws.
  • Use a drill bit just smaller than the rivet head. Drill very carefully, so as to just go through the head & barely tough the shank. The rivet can then be driven through easily with a punch.
    Do not destroy the end cap, they are expensive, hard to find, or you have to make them.
    Be sure to replace end caps BEFORE snugging down the beam straps. Otherwise you will compress the tramp slot, making removal & replacement more difficult.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Thanks guys. Appreciate the insight. I don't have a rivet gun, but that does'nt sound like a big deal. I heard that the end caps were expensive and did'nt want to totally mess them up.

Can't wait for Spring

David

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.