Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie Wave hull repair options? (Rotomolded Hulls, not Fiber Glass)  Bottom

• icon_confused Hello,

Does anyone know how to repair hull damage on any of the newer style hobie boats using rotomolded plastic hulls?

Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Infante
  • frp isn't going to help you but plastic welding might, start googling. it'll largely depend on what kind of damage...is it a split or a hole, it is above or below the waterline, is it in a stressed or non-stressed area etc

eric e
  • I've done some research on the topic as I almost bought a 2001 Getaway with hull damage. Here's the short of what I've learned.

Hobie admits that the 2001 and 2002 year Getaways' hulls were undercooked/undercured and hence are prone to cracks. As they were undercured they CAN (according to others' personal experience) be plastic welded. HOWEVER, you need to evaluate where your cracks are. If they are near the crossbeams, I'd investigate the cost of replacing the hull entirely. Check with Hobie, as they are giving discounts on replacement hulls that were defective (see if your year Wave corresponds with a factory error). I imagine this information is relevant to you as the wave uses the same kind of hull.

Hope this helps...

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.