Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 18 rigging  Bottom

• I just got a new (1981) P-18 and have been working on fixing it up. I cleaned up the hulls and found no soft spots. I rewired the trailer and greased the hubs. Now the boat... as this is my first sail boat (other than a Snark) I have no idea how to rig it. I have the owners manual but it does not show line routing directions, knots, etc... Any good books or information out there? I have a new trampoline and new line kit from Salty's to install. I have the tramp figured, but not the lines. Thanks!

Edited by twilliams.907 on Jan 26, 2011 - 05:42 PM.
  • couple of great albums others have compiled here with some info
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…46627e3e798ff0a3307362be

http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=62059

Look at the pictures in the manual very closely and you should be able to gt some idea of how it is supposed to be rigged.

Good Luck!
  • It really helps if you put your location when asking for help. Sailors are a very helpful group of people but we need to know where you are. Someone down the street may be, or have been a Prindle owner and would be glad to help.
  • Sorry, I am located in Davis CA, outside of Sac. Would love to meet up with someone who knows more about cat sailing. Father-in-law is a big sailor, but more like 36' mono then 18' cat.

Edited by twilliams.907 on Jan 27, 2011 - 09:06 AM.
  • I am originally from Davis. Check out Hobie Fleet 2. I know they sail primarily Hobie's but a good family oriented group that is fun to sail with. They do a lot of sailing/camping weekends, even social events in the winter. Their members are all over the foothills and Sacramento area. Probably the highest concentration of H18's you will find anywhere.

http://www.hobiefleet2.com/

My brother is in the fleet.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • twilliams, I picked up a P18 just 3 months ago, can help you out but need an e-mail address, there is no info under your personal information, please PM me.

turbo

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • Rider_55 I looked at the Jib rigging for the P18. I have a SC15 that rigs the jib sheet block sort of the same. A 1/4 inch line tied back to a padeye. I was wondering how the shock cord to the center of the tramp changes the performence ?? I was trying to work out a bauber hauler system for my SC15.
  • Looks like the shock cord keeps the blocks from banging on the hulls and bouncing around when sailing. If it is loose enough it shouldn't impact the block or line orientation when the jib is under power. Just keeping the upwind block from flopping around. I had looked to do something similar on a SC20 once.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • Smfinley....I agree with you and see that. It should keep the tramp a bit tidier. I was wondering though due to the performance reference

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.