Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 16 rigging  Bottom

• I purchased my Prindle about three months ago and have had a blast learning to sail a catamaran. Since I have no idea when the rigging was last replaced i was looking for some recomendations on where to purchase quality replacement rigging.
    Second part of the question, besides the wires, is there anything else that should be replaced?

thanks
  • salty dog marine has the best prices on rigging kits, murray's has mayby a better product? but is higher priced.

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • I chose the coated shroud wires w/ hydraulic swaged shrouds. I couldnt find any thing wrong with my old riggn but the peace of mind is worth the price & there is back up riggn if you need it for some reason "clothes line , dog run"what ever you can imagine.I never see used shrouds or bridal wires in the classifieds icon_confused

Edited by nitrodub on Nov 16, 2010 - 11:43 PM.
  • Congrats on your purchase. That is the boat I really cut my teeth on. The standing rigging is the main thing that will prevent you from getting the boat back home. The only other problem I had with the boat is that the top deck of the Prindle tends to separate from the main hull towards the back of the boat over time. If you were getting ready to purchase the boat, I would also say check on top of the fore decks for soft spots.

--
    Craig Van Eaton
    West Palm Beach
    Supercat 20
    www.teamcyberspeed.com
    www.sailseries.com
    --
  • Top decks on P-16s or H-16s. After all these boats are 35 years old. Simple injection with epoxy using plastic syringe sloves problem. One of my boats here in La Paz had over 300 holes drilled & injected. Sailed in 4-5 foot waves other day & it held togeher. New 3'16 rudder lines helps (4 feet long), check mast head sheaves. Pete

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.