Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

reviews for SAIL CARE ford city,pa  Bottom

• need some repairs(new jib zipper,torn batten pocket,etc.) on my sails this offseason. was looking at sail care(company name) for repairs and cleaning/re-resigning. anyone ever use them or have a company to recommend? sails are in good shape for being 30+ years old...boat sails fast and trims well. one day when i grow up i'll buy some fancy new whirlwind hot rod sails... thanks!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • I have used them a couple of times, and think they are great. Search the forum on sailcare, and you should find a post about what I paid for what last year.
  • I used them to repair and recondition my Nacra 5.0 main and jib. They came back nice and crisp, repaired main batten pockets, main foot, jib zipper and new luff rope.

These are from an '83 and I was really pleased with the result.
  • sails are back! they looks great...tears repaired, batten end pockets fixed, bolt rope repaired, came out clean as a whistle(rust stains,hydrolic fluid,chicken grease,general funk). i love the re-resin process, sails are like new!

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=79279&g2
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=79287&g2_
    http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=79282&g2

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • what was the turn around time on getting them back?
  • i'm curious of their shape once you run 'em up the mast, downhaul, sheets set... how do they look?

mine (H18 - blue hawaii) are there now, should have back in about 3 weeks.
  • How much did it cost?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Quotewhat was the turn around time on getting them back?

about 6 weeks

QuoteHow much did it cost?

about 445$...shipping included. wash/re-resin~110$...repairing several batten(all) ends~190$...touch up head11$...repair several holes~33$...sew on sail numbers @8$ each(64$)...re-install battens jib 20$.

Quotei'm curious of their shape once you run 'em up the mast, downhaul, sheets set... how do they look?

hope to find out soon, finished sanding/waxing keels this afternoon, might try to go to the secret spot next weekend.

i can't rave enough on how CLEAN the sails are...these are original 1978 sails rode hard and put up wet. not kidding about chicken grease and hydrolic fluid and big rust stains...great job. the re-resin process leaves them looking and feeling like new...amazing. i think they only do dacron sails though. they were professional and practiced my business mantra...SAY WHAT YOU DO AND DO WHAT YOU SAY...can't wait to test drive them!

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • post up if you're hitting the secret spot..... if you want a small flotilla that is... a few hearty souls will brave it.... nothing a reach west to waffle house can't fix... hot coffee is nice.
  • robpattpost up if you're hitting the secret spot..... if you want a small flotilla that is... a few hearty souls will brave it.... nothing a reach west to waffle house can't fix... hot BUTTERED RUM is nice.

fixed it for ya icon_wink
  • buttered rums for the ruddered bums icon_confused

'posed to be nice wx on sat, but think I'll haul the H-17 to the house for a little TLC. just got her wings fixed up, now need to glass the tubes which leak...and crossbar sockets... but sails are in great shape
  • Quoteruddered bums

sign me up! sounds like something i'd be good at! ...no sail for me this weekend, captain backasswards and i have an engagement saturday evening at one exquisite mississippi juke joint(beer shack) and that useualy ruins a sunday in the process(sunday morning flu). HAIL HAIL ROCK AND ROLL!!!

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=79307&g2_

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • Dear Mr. Coastrat,

I have learned that in your photographic documentation of the above mentioned juke joint, you have an even better visual representation of just how the music, the libations, and the overall vibe of this establishment create mardi gras like demonstrations of the liberation of the restrainment of clothing. aetsch coo coo

--
    Hank, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, P16 - "Sideways"
    --
  • question about sailcare: Can they help a tired H18 jib? I mean take the stretch out of the luff? Yes, I'll call them but looking for some real world thoughts.

--
    H18, H17, P19, Glastron GT-150 (Bond jump boat)
    --
  • Coastrat and b.a:
    Would this beer shack be on the Coast? You should tell us about local gigs so maybe we can come see y'all play
  • unfortunately not...all the way up in hattiesburg, a solid 60 miles north of I-10...but if yous guys are lookin for a good time, we install and service hangovers! come on up to the hub city for a real good time...chill real hard.

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --
  • my sails should be back on Fri.... YEAH hoping to support your claims!
  • indeed, got the sails back on friday.... they're great... two words "like new".

if you sails have lots of years on them, and need lots of little things... but are basically sound sails... they'll bring them up to 100%....

... literally, all the little details, with a estimate and quote ahead of time. you approve or decline each repair (like they were going to put new telltales on, I declined, will do myself)... otherwise, great. BRIGHT, (colorful Blue Hawaii Hobie 18 sails),,, CRISP.... CLEAN... and all the little batten pockets, etc etc fixed up... even a bit reenforce stitching here or there where needed.
  • i was blown away at how good they looked,felt...really impressed with the craftsmanship. they were great to work with, so easy. put my tramp back on today, hope to finish assembleing this weekend. the weather is talking to me!!! can't wait to test drive the new old sails banana

--
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.