Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

SOLD...my H16  Bottom

• So I hop in my 95 Ford F150 with 182 000 miles on it and drove over to Ohio where I had seen a P18 for sale on CL in a little place called Newark just east of Columbus. So 10 hrs later I pull into this guys yard and he shows me the P18, I can't believe my good fortune, the hulls are in awesome shape, rock-solid, the cat has been standing for ???? years and is filthy, lines are all shot but everything is there. So I ask to see the sails, and get blown away, they are in almost new condition. The guys has a figure in mind but we negotiate, I come away with an awesome deal. I check boat and trailer over, good thing too, because the lugnuts on 1 wheel are loose, we tighten them up, check the lights, everything is looks good, so I hit the road and drive 10 hrs home, the owner of a used P18.

Nathan, out of Wichita KS, sees my H16 for sale on CL and calls me up for more pics, I send, he likes, he wants. So he jumped into his truck and drove 5 hrs to get my H16, I spend 2 hrs with him showing him how to rig the H16 and off he went, happy man.

Just out of curiosity, how many sailors out there have done same, how many hrs have you sat in your vehicle watching the asphalt/concrete unwind in front of your eyes headed for some dot on a map, listening to Radar Love ( or whatever), to go resurrect your Phoenix? icon_confused

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • I spent about 16 hours on the road picking up my 5.2...wife said, "NEVER again", but it was worth it. Got it back and sold my P18 to a buddy the following week.

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • I have only driven around 6 hours round trip scored a sweet Hobie 16 fixed it up sailed it loved it sold and miss that boat now! I really regret it!
  • I sold my Hobie 16 locally then drove to Lexington NC and back to pick up a Prindle 18-2 for $700 She was in bad shape but the price was right and I have been restoring her since I got her back in June. Maiden voyage SHOULD be 3 weeks!!! Everything but the sails are either new or like new (now)

25 hours Door to door to door... the dog loved it

edited by: PDS624, Sep 20, 2010 - 01:11 AM
  • A decade ago, i found my h16 for sale on the side of the road, about 3 miles from my apartment. So i packed 3 sandwiches, a few litters of coke, a box of cookies, and a veggie platter... and hit the road... 20 minutes later she was mine.

6 years later i put it up for sale on the beachcats website.. 20 minutes later it was sold (for real).

I found a h18 for $400, about 10 miles north of here, 20 minutes later she was mine.

2 years later, a mean angry ugly man (are you still reading my posts Dave?) convinced me that all the smart, cool kids sailed Mystere's... 20 days later.. she was mine.

One of the perks living in catamaran heaven is a fair amount of choices for new and used cats... but there are defenatly cats worth driving for.

My friend put out a call on the mystere yahoo group (that has been completely dead for years) and the next day a guy from Michigan offered to drive it down to him here in florida ... wow what luck

• Drove from Central Tx to Chicago to pick up the N6.0. Thats a haul man...and totally worth it.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.