Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Anyone camping out 4th of July weekend on island 4  Bottom

• I was thinking about camping out for the 4th of july weekend seeing as I have off on Monday too I was even wondering about a night sail to watch the fireworks.

Anyone planning on camping already or interested in a little get together???

Thew more the merrier is my thought so please let me know
  • there are already tents up.

last year we had about 7 boats at the memorial bridge parked (with about 3000 powerbots).

last year we had a low tide at 10pm (we sailed back in the channel... NOT FUN). This year low tide is 1.22' at midnight, so we should be better...

BRING the required torch to sail at night (flashlight)... and what i really suggest is you go get 4 (2 red 2 green) of the cheap battery glowsticks from walmart (2.33 ea) and hange them off your stays (below the deck as to not messup your night vision) so the drunk powerboaters (who fly around only using their radar) can see you. i plan to have about 400000 lights on :)

edited by: andrewscott, Jun 29, 2010 - 01:07 PM
  • We?re probably gonna pull up on 8 or beercan to watch the fireworks. 551 would be a nice option but getting back under the bridge with 8 million drunk power boaters is no picknick.
  • Will be at Bear Lake UT/ID Boarder on the South shore. Unfortunately did not see much in the way of fireworks going on last year.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Hey guys

what all do I need to get my sticker for over night parking?

I will be sailing my H16 for the next month or so till I am done rebuilding my P18-2 and I do not want ot have to buy 2 decals so any ideas???
  • I'm going to sail out onto Rehoboth Bay in DE and watch 3 cities firworks at once! Anyway, there are a lot of marine police out and I want to be legal. What lighting do I need to duct tape to the boat to make it legal?

--
    AJ Sawyer
    Nacra 20
    San Diego, CA
    --
  • QuoteHey guys

what all do I need to get my sticker for over night parking?

you need your drivers license and your trailer registration. go to the rec center and get it. i would simply tape the sticker (permit) to the trailer until you are ready to put it permanently on your new trailer.
  • Sawyeraj What lighting do I need to duct tape to the boat to make it legal?

the coast guard only requires a torch (flashlight) on non powered vessles under 20'. i don't know if there are any local laws that require more in DE. you should contact your local harbor master or police and ask?

for the flashlightt, what i do is wear a headlamp upside down and shining up at my sail. this lets others see me.. and i can't see the light.. so i don't lose my night vision.

i would suggest you get the little green/red lights i suggested above if you expect boat traffic. they are visible from about 100' feet away... not a lot, but bettern than being hidden.
  • Catley has been there since last Saturday. I took 4 tents there Sunday. Took rest of the gear out the today via power boat, Going in the morning with my 18 until next Wensday. Should be 6-8 cats camping thru the weekend.
  • i have it on good authority, cliffie has removed all your tents and relocated them to island 9 :)

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.