Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

NACRA class rules - jib battens ?  Bottom

• I have a jib furler and want to install vertical battens (furling battens) in my jib so when I furl it, so the battens don't stick out & tear.
    Is this class legal?
    If it's not class legal, when racing Portsmouth I can declare the modification and get an adjustment?
    Class rules :
    from http://www.nacraclass.com/pdf/Nacra%20Class%20Rules-03.pdf

6. SAILS AND BATTENS

6.1 CONSTRUCTION. The material, method of construction and design of the sails shall be in accordance with the sail plan. The sails for the Nacra 4.5, 4.5uni, 5.0, 5.2, 5.5 uni, 5.5 SL, 5.7, 5.8, 5.8na, 6.0na and F-18 shall be built for Nacra from patterns and sail cloth approved by Nacra. Sails shall be fabricated by builders licensed by Nacra for Nacra. Battens may be of wood, carbon, foam fiberglass. A set may consist of a combination of these types. All but the bottom batten must be used for racing (only one batten per pocket is permitted).

6.2a ALTERATIONS. The jibsail may not be recut. Windows, telltale windows, and chart pockets are optional. Class insignias may not be repositioned or altered in any manner.

6.2b SAIL REINFORCEMENT. Chaffing strips may be added to the mainsail batten pockets where they come in contact with the shrouds. Spreader patches are allowed.

6.3 LUFF ROPE. The entire mainsail luff rope must be in the mast luff grooves except where the sail extends below the bottom of the extrusion on boomless rigs.

6.4 CLEW TRAVELER. A clew traveler assembly (factory supplied) may be added to any boomless sail plan that was not equipped with one originally.

6.5 SAIL REPAIR. Any sailmaker may make minor repairs to a damaged Nacra sail. Minor repair is defined as a repair that does not alter the original shape or outline of the sail. Should a sail be so badly damaged as to require a large percentage of new material, such as a complete panel replacement, it should be returned to an INCA licensed sail maker.
    Lake Travis

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.