Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

ABS Beachcat Dolly  Bottom

• Hey guys, I was debating my dolly options, $500 plus cost on wheels or build my own. I searched high and low for an instructional, but couldn't find any. Anyway, I built mine out of 2" and 3" ABS pipe and fittings. Total cost with pipe and wheels was $223.50 with parts from your local hardware store. I posted an album in the technical help with pics. Any comments, questions or possible improvements please share. This one works amazing and it's solid!

Jay

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=73157
  • They look like they will work fine on a hard surface, but how will they do on soft sand like we have on the East coast of Florida?
  • What beachcat are you pulling with this rig? I see your username nacra16sq and I'm familiar with the Nacra 18 Square? Please fill out your profile.

Thanks for posting the pictures to the technical album. Could you add a list of ABS pieces you used? Is the handle necessary? Maybe simple ropes tied to the shrouds like regular beach wheels would do the job.

As Hullflyer says these look like they would work great on paved areas but the narrow wheels would be a problem in soft sand. Looks like they would be a good solution for an area with a parking lot adjacent to a launch ramp.

Maybe the same design could be built using the wide cat trax type tires.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • I have ramps at my club for launching the boat. They are sometimes quite steep, hence the handle. The handle makes it much easier for one guy to handle getting the boat onto the dolly when the wind is trying to push the boat everywhere but onto the dolly. It would be very simple to add wider cat trax type tires, I just thought the actual structure of the dolly might be of use for some people on here who don't want to spend a lot of money on a dolly.
    I have a Nacra 16sq, an australian design that is quite popular over there. It has 172sq.ft main and a spin off a hobie fx1. Quick enough to keep up with the f16 blade's at the club. It's 17' long and 8'6" wide.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.