Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Cold water gear/toting  Bottom

• I need some advice on a wetsuit. Can I get some thoughts about 'em? How thick should it be? and do I need a full body one? Also is it bad for the structure of the boat to lift it by the cross bars as a temporary alternative to beach wheels? Can't wait to get this show on the road...eerrr water.
  • Where are you located? Wet suits depend mostly on the temperature. I'm in the Netherlands and use a dry suit in Spring and autumn.
    I never heard of anyone damaging the cross bars by lifting. Be careful you don't pull on the dolphing striker rod though, they can bend or break...

Dennis
  • Yes what are the water temp and air temps that you are working with? I usually use a farmer john wetsuit with a spray top over it, any colder then that I can't seem to find crew.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • I wear a (Dry Suit) when it's cold. That way I can ware warm clothes under it and when I'm done I just zip out of the suit in the parking lot and I'm dressed, warm and dry. However, I'm a Florida boy so maybe I'm just a tad of a wuss about the cold. Also, if you were to get in trouble in dangerously cold water a dry suit would save your life. I had mine fitted with footie?s so I can wear thick socks too. Did I mention that I'm a wuss about the cold?

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.