Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 19 Bias Cut Tramp from SLO Sail & Canvas  Bottom

• I am ready to order a new tramp from SLO Sail & Canvas in CA for my Prindle 19. They have 2 options one is the origional tramp with lacing on the back and one side. The other is a bias cut with the lacing just on the back using the bias cut as lateral stiffness. Has anyone had experience with the bias cut tramps and are they as good? Are there any downfalls with this type of tramp?
  • My H18 tramp only has lacing across the back. The downside for me is it is harder to install since you can't install each side and then lace them together. It is a close fit to slide the tramp down the side rails at the same time. Also the inability to tighten the sides if needed as it stretches over time.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • good points scott
    i guess the best of both worlds is to get a bias cut in 3 parts
  • I think they are talking about the diagonally cut tramps like Sunrise Yacht products makes. When you tighten the tramp along the back, it pulls in all directions. Very tight, clean install.

I got a 3 piece tramp for my Supercat 15 from SloSails. I'm VERY pleased with it. Great price, great look, great service.

I have also had Sunrise tramps for a few Hobies. Pricey, but very quality tramps.
  • My tramp is from Sunrise, I think the SLO bias cut is the same idea. I think mine is bias cut but haven't looked at it since putting it away in late September.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.